CarComplaints.com Notes: The Camry Hybrid's first year is a mixed bag of brake actuators failing and power issues. The hybrid version even shares the same excessive oil consumption as its non-hybrid counterpart. And it hardly gets enough fuel efficiency gains to warrant the extra costs up-front or during repairs.

Toyota seemed to get their act together with later model years, so if you're looking for a used Camry Hybrid I suggest looking there.

1.5

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Nov 062014

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

The vehicle is sluggish occasionally when accelerating. The check engine came on at first and now all the dashboard lights came on. I took it to the dealer and they advised that it is the battery pack. The cost they quoted is $4000. Last month I had a problem with the actuator and now its the battery pack. This Toyota has been very unreliable and unsafe. I had issues with braking last month and now it is hard to know if the car will accelerate when needed. Toyota has had a very poor response to any inquiries. They show very little regard for public safety and prefer to settle cases than to be proactive and fix their unreliable and dangerous products.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Sep 152012

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

Power steering light (P/S) light comes on and lose of power steering will last until the car is shut off and you wait for awhile and sometimes when restarted it will be okay. (sometimes not okay) I have to drive it home using all the muscling I can muster to turn corners. Periodic instances have become more frequent. When I start the car the power steering light comes on and it is hard to turn the steering wheel. Sometimes when I shut the car off and wait awhile it will be okay to drive. Other times it has stayed on throughout the trip.

- Warsaw, IN, USA

Nov 242012

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

Last 2 months I had call Toyota to head quarter to report my car lost power, can't control break or steering wheel.. driving on the road with 40-45mph all the sudden the car had lost control steering and break and all the lights inside the panel blinking.... finally I can break my car (very hard). I put the gear back to park and turn of the power button when I try to turn it back on it still not come up all the lights blinking.. (several times) I quit.. pop up the hood and check forward make sure nothing come loose or... I come back to the car and turn engine on, it working again.... I drive home.. Toyota customer service offer me to going to close Toyota dealer to have it check out, but I do not have times until last couple days it happen again.. I so concern about life driving this car now, I went to Toyota dealer close to me sport city Toyota, where I use to have it tune up. They check out my car and notify to me that my 12V battery had going bad drop to 7V (which they had notify for me on 2010) but I did not replace it. It did not sound right to me if the battery go bad for 2 years ago, but I still can drive my car to work and do things for 2 years with out any problems until now it had lost power for 2 times for the last 2 months. I drive my car home, removed the 12V battery out check with the meter 12V show up... I need help with you people to see what to do next or the investigate to see this car had malfunction or some thins else..... hope to hear from you. Thank you.

- Garland, TX, USA