CarComplaints.com Notes: The Camry Hybrid's first year is a mixed bag of brake actuators failing and power issues. The hybrid version even shares the same excessive oil consumption as its non-hybrid counterpart. And it hardly gets enough fuel efficiency gains to warrant the extra costs up-front or during repairs.

Toyota seemed to get their act together with later model years, so if you're looking for a used Camry Hybrid I suggest looking there.

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments (Page 8 of 8)

Dec 152009

Camry Hybrid

I was coming out of a bank drive-through when suddenly the 2007 Camry-hybrid, with approximately 34,000 miles ran, did not stop at the exit to the principal street, thankfully no car was coming from that street. It started to run also with difficulty, and the vsc system appeared on the screen. I went directly to the nearest dealer and they said that it was programming issue, they re-program it and that was it. They couldn't explain why it deprogrammed. Eleven months after that event, it happened again. Suddenly, the car wouldn't stop when I hit the brakes, I got really nervous and called a towing company to get it to the dealer. I was at low speed and I could manage to stop. They kept the car for two weeks and couldn't find the problem of why the programming scramble like that, they just reprogram it and that's all for them. In the meantime, I'm scared to death of going to the highway with that car, specially when I think it can combine with the accelerator problem. So far Toyota have not offered me a solution and I'm afraid to use my car for the safety of my kids. Please help by investigating the software on Camry's as well.

- Hormigueros, PR, USA

Feb 162010

Camry Hybrid

I was driving on the freeway and suddenly I smelled a burning electrical order in my car. There were no lights or anything that came on the dashboard of my 2007 Toyota, Camry hybrid. I did have my car serviced for the gas pedal recall. I am concerned about the oil leakage recall that is in Canada. I feel very unsafe in my car and need help. I want my family to be safe.

- San Clemente, CA, USA

Oct 012007

Camry Hybrid

My Toyota Camry hybrid 2007 model had the uncontrollable acceleration problem on multiple instances making it hard to control and once in a potentially life threatening situation. I called the closest dealership and took it for examination, they asked me to reproduce the problem on the spot, but I was not able to at that instant. The dealership then later said it was likely due to floor mats and I had the floor mats secured (even thought that did not appear to be the cause.) based on recent reports I am concerned that it is likely due to a different mechanical problem acknowledged by Toyota. However I have not seen any recall or repair notifications for my car yet and I am concerned about the safety of my car.

- Sammamish, WA, USA

Jan 012007

Camry Hybrid

I have a 2007 Camry hybrid and have the same skid/lurch problem as the prius. My car is not being recalled and phone calls to the dealer, Toyota as well as emails have not been recognized. This issue is not limited to recent products. Please let me know how I can resolve this problem.

- Burke, VA, USA

Feb 022010

Camry Hybrid

When I turned the car on at 7:30 am the "check vsc" warning light immediately came on. I planned to take my daughter to school and then drop the car off to be checked at my local Toyota dealer. After about 2-3 miles, the warning light turned off. After about 3-4 miles further, I applied the brakes and got no braking action. The brakes felt as though they had completely lost their power assist and they did not respond at all. I put the car in neutral and coasted until I slowed down enough to be able to pull off the road. I had the car towed to the dealer. As of this morning, they have not been able to duplicate the problem and the "check vsc" light is still off. No indication was left on the cars computer that any maintenance light had come on or that there were any issues.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

Nov 232007

Camry Hybrid

While parking, my vehicle suddenly accelerated while turning into a parking spot. I did not inadvertently press the accelerator, and the accelerator was not entangled in the floor mat. The vehicle rapidly accelerated over the curb, through an adjoining grassy area, and stopped after hitting a cement wall. Later, the car was inspected by the Toyota dealer where I purchased the vehicle. The dealer indicated there were no problems with the accelerator or other equipment that would have caused this sudden acceleration.

- Reston, VA, USA

Dec 312009

Camry Hybrid

My 2007 Camry has been recalled due to the pedal issue and the mat. I took the mat out however even though my pedal has stuck already the dealership will not give me a rental until they fix the problem or another trade-in. I feel very unsafe and now they are recalling Camry's for other reasons as well. I would like another car and feel I should not have to worry about taking my children and grandchild in the car because they have not figured out what to do. Can you help me get a replacement car?

- Olney, MD, USA

Oct 112009

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

At 12:55 P.M. I was pulling forward in to a parking space where there was a curb and a tree on the right side over the curb, in tartan park in bloomington Minnesota. My Toyota Camry 2008 gas pedal became stuck and I went over the curb and slammed into the tree and threw me back. People told me at the park that this was one of the cars that had been recalled for this problem, I was never notified. I could have run right in to the children playing if it wasn't for the tree. Updated 10/15/14

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

May 092006

Camry Hybrid

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry hybrid. While approaching a stop sign, the vehicle accelerated into an intersection; however, after repeated brake application, she was able to stop the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified and she was advised to remove the floor-mats. The failure recurred after the mats were removed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and the technicians were unable to identify the cause of the failure. The failure mileage was 497 and the current mileage was 38,000.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Mar 042009

Camry Hybrid

Cruise control does not work correctly on rolling hills which is likely going to cause collisions. The cruise control will allow the speed to decrease by as much as 5 mph while descending down the a hill, then as it begins to climb it quickly accelerates way over the target speed. This causes a whiplash effect to all passengers and may cause the driver to lose control and collide with vehicles.

- Holualoa, HI, USA