2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 222014

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

I was driving down the highway when I felt a noticeable difference in the steering and breaking of my car. At the same time a lot of the dashboard lights came on including: Brake, ABS, vsc warning, check engine, TPMS. After I felt this change, it was very hard to brake. It took me longer to stop and I had to use more physical force to do so. This was extremely scary considering how fast I was going and the fact that I had my child in the car with me. I took my car straight to a mechanic who cleared the code.

- Watkinsville, GA, USA

Jan 082014

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

While cruising about 35 mph the following panel lights came on: Brakes, ABS, error message- vsc (vehicle stability control). A whirring sound emanated from the engine compartment which intensified when I depressed brake pedal. The brakes weakly responded to pedal pressure. I was able to drive slowly to a parking lot where I had it towed to the dealership. I note that the brake reservoir was full and detected no leaking fluids. I had no warning of this failure. The car has been serviced regularly by the dealership.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Dec 232013

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

Brake warning light came on, then warning to check vsc system, 2 other warning lights and ABS light came on, braking became difficult with resistance when applying brake, pulsing and lurching forward when foot on brake stopped at stoplight. This is happening intermittently.

- Eagan, MN, USA

Dec 172013

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

"check vsc system" notice came on my dash. Vsc (vehicle stability/skid control). I have taken my car into the dealership approximately every 3 months and nothing has ever been detected in terms of this. The area where I live does get heavy snow so this is extremely dangerous to have happen.

- Eden Prairie, MN, USA

Dec 152013

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

Dash board lit up like a christmas tree the brake, hazard warning, stability control and I think its a tire pressure light came on traveling at 55 mile an hour coming down a 20 degree incline off of the astoria bridge traveling North, from what I have read this is something that is happening quite frequently. My brakes seam to work fine I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow I under stand this is a $3000 fix I did buy extra warranty when I bought the car now to see if its good. Its been a very good car up to this point.

- Ocean Park, WA, USA

Jun 262013

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

I was driving my car when without warning the brakes began to give out as I tried to stop my car. I am fortunate that there were no pedestrians or other vehicles in front of me or I might have hit one. A strange chugging noise emanated from my car and the lights went on, on my dashboard to check the vsc system. The Toyota dealership ran a diagnostic battery and said the ABS accommodator was faulty and needed to be replaced. A quick search online showed me that many other individuals with Camry hybrids are having this same issue with cars with low mileage. I feel fortunate that no one got hurt. I contacted Toyota headquarters and let them know of the issue.

- Brookeville, MD, USA

Jun 262011

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

The car's brakes do not brake smoothly at times. When the problem occurs at low speeds, the brakes vibrate causing uneven braking the is felt in a stop and go fashion. At high speeds, there's increased brake vibration making the whole car shake.

- Strathmore, CA, USA

Dec 072012

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

While driving in cold weather the check vsc system light comes on and the power brakes cease to function. I have to press the brake pedal very hard in order to get the car to stop. Toyota claims that this is caused by a faulty accumulator and gives the error code C1391. I created a website to see if other people have experienced this problem and to my surprise I have quite a few comments posted to my guestbook. You can view the site at this part should not be defective in a vehicle with low mileage and is a major safety concern. I have had times where I am driving and the light comes on and the brakes cease to function properly and have almost rear ended a car. This issue needs to be addressed with Toyota so that no one gets injured.

- Chandler, AZ, USA