2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Feb 252012

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

I was driving and all of a sudden there was a buzzer and several warning lights came on the dash - master warning light, brake system warning light, brake system warning light, and there was a warning message that said "check vsc system". then when I tried to apply my brakes, they started pumping and I had a hard time stopping. I managed to make it the few blocks to my house and I called the dealer service department. They said it was unsafe to drive and I had it towed to the service department. The car had been there 8 days prior for a normal service appointment. They said that the stroke sensor had gone out and when I asked how it happened they said it just malfunctioned for no reason. The cost to replace was $433.14. I am concerned about driving a car that can suddenly malfunction and lose braking function without warning. The car had received its regular service/maintenance just a week before, so there is no reason that the brakes should have failed without warning.

- San Antonio, TX, USA