5.2

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Nov 012016

Camry Hybrid

My car does not start when the weather gets chilli. Tryed so many times but won't turn

- Mount Prospect, IL, USA

Sep 092015

Camry Hybrid

The driver side sun visor does not stay up and is a danger to drive and causes limited vision to see the road. This seems to be a widespread problem with Camry.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Apr 112014

Camry Hybrid

I am the original owner of a 2009 Toyota Camry hybrid. The dashboard is melting and is extremely sticky. This causes a glare on the windshield which could cause an accident. This dashboard needs to be replaced. Please advise! I'll be looking forward to your response. Thank you!

- Miramar Beach, FL, USA

Nov 102015

Camry Hybrid

Limited visibility thru windshield due to dashboard reflection (melting dashboard has caused a high gloss finish). This condition has become progressively worse over time and presents a serious safety hazard. Toyota has created a warranty enhancement program to replace these defective dashboards, however, my dealership has indicated the dashboards are limited and said he has a customer already waiting 6 months. I talked with Toyota customer service and they would not acknowledge this as a safety hazard, could not tell me when a replacement dashboard would be available and referred me back to the dealership. Toyota doesn't seem compelled to replace these parts in a timely manner. In my opinion this is most definitely a serious safety hazard that needs to be addressed and should be classified as a recall and not a ┐warranty enhancement". please see attached images.

- Murrells Inlet, SC, USA