2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Mar 082012

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

This was a multi car pileup on a road with 40mph speed limit which resulted from a vehicle ahead making an abrupt stop. This resulted in about 4 cars behind it having to come to stop resulting in a chain reaction. My car, 2009 Toyota Camry hybrid, could not come to a stop in time when full breaking was applied and ended up colliding with the car in front of me. Mine was the last vehicle in the pileup. This incident resulted in front end damage to my car and rear end damage to the car in front of me, and to two other cars in front of that car. My car could not come to a complete stop in time because I believe the breaks did not function properly. I wasn't aware of any break issues at that time and it was only about two years later I was informed by the dealer service department that there is a recall on this vehicle that involved break fluid reservoir assembly. I am reasonably certain that the accident on 3-8-2012 was the result of breaks not functioning properly and that my car could not stop in time to avoid a frontal collision while traveling at a relatively slow speed of 40mph.

- Columbia, MD, USA