5.2

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Feb 122013

Camry Hybrid

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Camry hybrid. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle erroneously accelerated and failed to respond to deceleration attempts. The contact also mentioned that the failure recurred while driving in reverse. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who was unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 4,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Sep 072013

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

On 9/7/13, while accelerating onto route 80 in NJ, I pushed the gas pedal to the floor, the accelerator stuck flat on the floor. I had to swerve to avoid hitting the car in front of me. Fortunately nobody was next to me. I was finally able to use the side of my foot to pop it back up. It performed normally after that, though I did not push it to the floor again.

- Cortlandt Manor, NY, USA