5.7

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Aug 272014

Camry Hybrid 4-cyl

2012 Toyota Camry. Consumer states vehicle turned on by itself and ran for an unknown period of time.

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Aug 212013

Camry Hybrid

No matter where I park rodents are finding ways to get into my car. I do not keep food in the car and I have done several different things to prevent them getting in. Including moving my car around to places other than my designated covered parking spot. My dealer has told me to piss off. As has Toyota, but it would appear that Toyota switched over to more environmentally friendly insulation materials in recent years. I purchased this 2012 Toyota Camry brand new. This has been going on for two years now and it would appear I'm not the only person experiencing this as is apparent from the links below. I have extensive pictures of what has happened to my car. This also hasn't been an issue for any of the other vehicles in my parking lot and my previous car was parked there for years without issue (a different manufacturer). I also park our older Toyota matrix (2003) and Toyota MR2 spyder (2000) in that spot and I have not had any issues with either vehicle. I believe our older Toyota models have very different materials that aren't as attractive to rodents. I firmly believe this has to do with Toyota's move to more environmentally friendly materials. Just tonight I finally have had enough because these creatures chewed into my trunk and were chewing up the materials in my trunk near the hybrid battery. I'm parked in a completely different area and it's still happening. This isn't a coincide! I have some serious health and safety concerns here. I was reading about another owner that had rodents get into their new Toyota prius that ate the passenger airbag and did over $10,000 in damages! this needs to be investigated asap. www.toyotanation.com/forum/152-venza-forum/359615-rodent-patrol-against-damage.html priuschat.com/threads/Toyota-claims-not-aware-of-mouse-problem.113690/page-2#ixzz32awyylol

- Rochester, MI, USA