2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Mar 102015

Camry Hybrid

At approximately 10:30 am, on 3/10/2015, while my wife was making the final approach (approximately 5 ft.) to a parking spot at the mill bakery, navoo, il; she experienced an unintended vehicle acceleration. The hybrid car was running on its electric motor when my wife began to step on the brake to slow the car to a stop. While braking, the car turned on the gas engine and accelerated with enough speed to leave leave rubber tire marks on the parking surface. The car jumped the parking barrier and damaged the lower portion of the right-front bumper. My wife continued to step on the brake and was able to stop the car. When my wife returned to our home in Missouri on 3/11/2015, I reported this problem to the Toyota company, my local dealer and insurance company.

- Jefferson City, Mo, MO, USA