8.0

2000 Toyota Celica engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Celica:

2000 Toyota Celica Owner Comments

Sep 102011

Celica GT-S 1.8L Vvtii

My Celica recently started hesitating and puttering every time I accelerate, it will stutter for a few seconds and then slowly take off. Check engine light came on and my mechanic discovered that my car had a misfire in the first cylinder. When he took off my ignition coil he found a lot of water underneath the coil and on top of my spark plug. He replaced my ignition coil thinking it was a leaky coil. A week later my car started puttering again, So I remove the brand new coil only to discover more liquid. Now my car is puttering still but the check engine light isn't coming on so it won't give any codes, therefore pinpointing this problem is becoming a HUGE hassle. I've been driving my car for a few days since trying to get the check engine light to come on, but it's just not happening, and my car is a pain to drive when you can't accelerate without it hesitating....I REALLY need a solution for this..

- , Albany, NY, USA