1.5

2001 Toyota Celica drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Celica:

2001 Toyota Celica Owner Comments

Jul 272010

Celica

I purchased my Celica new in 2001. This year I had a new clutch and transmission put in. In the past 6 months I noticed that I was putting oil in on a regular basis, no leaks and no smoke form the exhaust. I have 128 thousand miles on the car. I have changed the oil on schedule. I contacted Toyota in jacksonville and was told I somehow must have abused the motor or not changed the oil regularly. Long story short, now I am looking for a replacement motor and Toyota wants almost $6000. I have shopped around and the cheapest way to go would be a used motor. If I had not already put in a new transmission and clutch this car would be in the junkyard. After reading all the complaints associated with this motor I would be a fool to put in another motor to have it do the same thing in 50,000 miles. That being said, Toyota should address this and fix this issue for all Celica owners.

- Middleburg, FL, USA

May 202006

Celica

Excessive oil consumption, 1.5 quart of oil every 500 miles, started at 96,000 miles, at 114,000 miles now.

- Marysville, CA, USA