1. install new transmission (2 reports)
2001 Toyota Celica transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Celica:

2001 Toyota Celica Owner Comments

Jan 012003

Celica GT

I began wondering if I got sold a lemon after my tranny blew at 36,000 miles. Luckily, it was covered under my extended warranty. But, now I'm having to replace my engine without any warranty. It's gonna cost me a fortune. Has anyone reported this to Toyota? Have they helped anyone pay for a new engine?

- , Kingman, AZ, USA

Jan 132008

Celica GT

Months preceding the failure, the driving became noisier and noisier. Then one day the whole transmission has failed. The dealer had to install the new one together with a new clutch, etc. The car was regularly maintained and serviced only at the local Toyota dealership. Very frustrating experience and a very costly fix. However, with the new transmission in place, the car has that "born again" feel.

- , San Diego, CA, USA