2.1

2002 Toyota Celica transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Celica:

2002 Toyota Celica Owner Comments

Jul 222007

Celica 4-cyl

2002 Toyota Celica GT sudden standard transmission failure.

- Clinton, OH, USA

Nov 222006

Celica 4-cyl

My car was making a noise. I took it to several mechanics and was told it was something with the transmission. I have a standard manual transmission and my car had 65,000 miles on it when the noise began. The last mechanic I took it to said that this problem should not be happening with a standard transmission at the mileage it's at. I opened a case with Toyota and was told that I had to have it looked at by Toyota mechanics. They opened up the transmission and told me that the bearings inside had gone bad. The work is going to cost at least $1,000.

- Brick, NJ, USA