2002 Toyota Celica wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Celica:

2002 Toyota Celica Owner Comments

Mar 012008

We own 2002 Celica GT-S. it has had to have 4 sets of tires in 85,000 miles. At the last alignment the technician could not get the 2 rear tires in alignment with the front 2 tires. The problem were the rear tie rods. He got a set of adjustable tie rods & replaced the factory tie rods and was able to get all 4 tires in proper alignment. My son had an accident previously where he lost traction and skidded off the road but with no injuries thank god. I took the tie rods to the anderson Toyota dealer & they said they had never seen that problem. But they did not show any concern whatsoever. I think it would have been prudent for them to get some information & check their service bulletins. But I guess the fellow had found a comfortable position on the stool he was occupying. I am concerned this may be a defect and would like for someone with the proper knowledge to look into this. I was not seeking anything from ralph hayes Toyota. I approached them as a gentleman & left with the same demeanor. But I would like to make sure this is not a problem common to this particular automobile. It is a 2002 Toyota Celica gts. Thank you. I do not have a copy of the incident report to give correct date of accident but the tie rod issue became apparent about 3 weeks ago. The car has been in the shop until that time.

- Hartwell, GA, USA