- January 13: Toyota Recalls 543,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 3 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Rusted Frame Settlement Agreement Nears news | 12 days ago
- December 31: Toyota Prius Headlight Lawsuit Targets Low-Beam Failures news | 16 days ago
- December 24: Toyota Sequoia Yaw Rate Sensor Investigation Closed investigations | 23 days ago
- December 23: Toyota Wants Court to Toss $11 Million Koua Fong Lee Award news | 24 days ago
1998 Toyota Corolla
CarComplaints.com Notes: There must have been something in the water at the plant where they built the eighth generation Corollas, especially the 1998 and 1999 model years.
Outside of airbag problems being reported to NHTSA, this is about as dependable a car as you’ll find. But good luck finding one; owners say they want a new car, but can’t justify trading in their Corolla because the darn thing just keeps rolling.
Worst 1998 Corolla electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- oxygen sensor light on1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly4
- NHTSA: Electrical System3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.