- July 4: Toyota Fuel-Cell Car Faces Government Hurdles
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- June 10: Toyota Cars Still Have Explosive Air Bags
- May 22: Toyota Recalls 510,000 Minivans and Sedans
- May 1: Two Midsize SUVs Do Well in Small Overlap Crash Test
1998 Toyota Corolla
CarComplaints.com Notes: There must have been something in the water at the plant where they built the eighth generation Corollas, especially the 1998 and 1999 model years.
Outside of airbag problems being reported to NHTSA, this is about as dependable a car as you’ll find. But good luck finding one; owners say they want a new car, but can’t justify trading in their Corolla because the darn thing just keeps rolling.
Worst 1998 Corolla lights Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- inside dome light does not work1
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Headlights2
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting1
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Brake Lights1
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Headlights: High/Low Beam ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.