- February 16: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Cars Recalled, All 2,840 of Them recalls | 7 days ago
- January 26: Toyota Tundra Recalled to Fix Step Bumpers recalls | 28 days ago
- January 13: Toyota Recalls 543,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 41 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Rusted Frame Settlement Agreement Nears news | 50 days ago
- December 31: Toyota Prius Headlight Lawsuit Targets Low-Beam Failures news | 54 days ago
1999 Toyota Corolla
CarComplaints.com Notes: There must have been something in the water at the plant where they built the eighth generation Corollas, especially the 1998 and 1999 model years.
Outside of a few engine related issues for the 1999, these are about as dependable a car as you’ll find. And remember most of these cars have 200k miles on them by now. But good luck finding one; owners say they want a new car, but can’t justify trading in their Corolla because the darn thing just keeps rolling.
Worst 1999 Corolla engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- excessive oil consumption4
- starter malfunctioning2
- idle low when A/C is on1
- oil leak1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control12
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages2
- NHTSA: Engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.