- November 27: Toyota Camry AC Smell Lawsuit Lingers in Court news | 5 days ago
- November 22: Toyota Recalls 834,000 Sienna Minivans to Fix Sliding Doors recalls | 10 days ago
- November 12: Toyota to Pay $3.4 Billion in Tacoma Rusted Frames Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 28 days ago
- October 27: Toyota Recalls 5.8 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
1999 Toyota Corolla
seat belts / air bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: There must have been something in the water at the plant where they built the eighth generation Corollas, especially the 1998 and 1999 model years.
Outside of a few engine related issues for the 1999, these are about as dependable a car as you’ll find. And remember most of these cars have 200k miles on them by now. But good luck finding one; owners say they want a new car, but can’t justify trading in their Corolla because the darn thing just keeps rolling.
Worst 1999 Corolla seat belts / air bags Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal16
- NHTSA: Air Bags4
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Warning Light/Devices3
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Retractor2
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Sensor/Control Module1
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Side/Window1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Buckle Assembly1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Rear1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.