6.0

$1,600.00

1. having it repainted (1 reports)
  2. just a touch up paint on spots (1 reports)
2001 Toyota Corolla body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Corolla:

2001 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jan 012005

Corolla

2001 Corolla was one of early models built in US instead of Japan.

Workmanship for the vehicle is poor from bumper to bumper.

I will never buy another "first" year model cars from anyone again...let alone Toyota.

- , Torrance, CA, USA

Mar 202001

Corolla LE

Small chip paint on the hood of car started developing right away. I took it to the dealership and they said that happens if rocks or something gets on hood . However, I purchased the car in Nov 2000 and by spring there were several paint chips. The car probably only had about 3,000 miles on it. All the dealership would do is give me touch up paint which did not help much.

- , Hamilton, OH, USA

Jun 012005

Corolla CE V4

I contacted numerous dealerships as well as the main Toyota office in CA. Since it was not under warranty, they would do nothing. I've owned 5 Toyotas and never had this happen even the one I had for 10 years. I was told by the bodyshop where I'm having it painted, that the clear coat was too thin when it came out of the factory.

- , Hudson, NC, USA