2001 Toyota Corolla brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Corolla:

2001 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Nov 272004

Corolla 4-cyl

I was driving on the 22 East on Nov 27 '04 930 am. About 6 seconds before I changed lanes, their was a 3 second their was a sprinkle of rain. I changed lanes and noticed a stoped car about 330 feet in front of me, while traveling at 60. I aplied my foot on the brake and I slid with brakes locked. I then repressed the brakes and again slid with brakes locked. I then removed the pressure and noticed that the brakes didn't unlock. I then aplied and removed my pressure trying to unlock the brakes, before hitting the car. My car is sitting waiting for repair.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA