2001 Toyota Corolla engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Corolla:

2001 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jan 152015

Corolla CE 4

My check engine was on last year when I went to get my car inspected. Three different codes were displayed. I paid $181 to get the fuel system replaced. That wasn't the problem. I paid $152 to get the exhaust system repaired. That wasn't the problem. I paid $181 to have work on the carborator. The light went off, the car passed inspection and before I could get to the stop light the light was back on. It remained on for the rest of the year, off and on. I would hit a bump and it would go off.

This year I got for an inspection to the same place and the check engine light was on. Same codes came up. I paid $121 for the same exhaust problem. I was told to drive around for 75 - 100 miles. The light would come on and go on off. I went back and after the diagnostic it was determined that it was once again the same air flow mess from the year before. I paid another $161 and the light is still on.

Now it is the catalytic converter. My estimate is $361!

I am so tired of mechanics trying to take advantage of women. My pocket are not bottomless! I got a ticket for driving with expired tags. I took it to the Toyota company who told me they would have to charge me $95 to put it on diagnostic to see what is wrong. I wanted to show him the papers from the last diagnostic, but that wasn't good enough. He honestly thought I would pay him to tell me the same thing as the other mechanic. I am sick of this!!!!! I just want to take the car to an honest mechanic that will fix it and not charge me an arm and leg.

- , Winston Salem, NC, USA