1. replaced clutch (3 reports)
2002 Toyota Corolla clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Corolla:

2002 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jan 312007

Am waiting for my car -it is receiving it's third clutch. I am receiving my third bill. This car has only 83000 miles---I have hundreds more with manual transmissions . I am not very happy.

- , Mobile, AL, USA

Jan 312007

clutch burned out prematurely at 40,000 miles . Toyota would not cover even under my extended warranty-then, this clutch burned out at 83,000 miles I am not happy!!!!!

- , Mobile, AL, USA

Dec 042006

Corolla 1.8L

I have been driving manual transmission cars since 1972 and never once burned out a clutch. I've owned four manual transmission vehicles and one had close to 200,000 miles without a tranny or clutch problem. When I told the tech my driving/vehicle ownership history and told him I NEVER ride the clutch, he admitted to me that "the parts aren't as durable as they used to be." That's scary!

- , Providence, RI, USA