6.0

2002 Toyota Corolla engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Corolla:

2002 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Sep 022011

Corolla

This engine knocking thing goes along with the post I just did on my daughter's car eating excessive oil. Some complainers on this and other sites have posted that the knocking/rattling/stupid-noise-from-engine goes away after dumping oil in the car, so it might be related to the overall oil consumption issue. Mechanic doesn't seem to think it's worthwhile troubleshooting/fixing on a 10-year-old car. Still pisses me off tho'.

No more Toyotas for me, thanks.

- , Livermore, CA, USA

Mar 142009

Corolla CE 1.8L 4

I thought that I bought a "bad Toyota" but now I see that there are many bad Toyotas. I hope that such a reputable company such as this find a solution for all their loyal customers. I am really disappointed!

- , Lafayette, LA, USA

Nov 082007

Corolla S 1.8L

I LOVED THIS CAR UNTIL THE TAPPING STARTED,AND AFTER THE TAPPING STARTED ON CERTAIN OCCASIONS IT WOULD NOT START,YOU HAD TO LET IT SIT AWHILE.I WAS TOLD AT THE DEALER THAT IT NEEDED I TIMING BELT,BUT I SOLD THE CAR A FEW WEEKS LATER,BEFORE IT CAUSED ANYMORE PROBLEMS.ALSO REPLACED SPARK PLUGS AT 42,000 BECAUSE ENGINE WAS IDLING ROUGH,STILL DID NOT HELP.ALL WORK WAS DONE AT CASTLE TOYOTA BALTIMORE MARYLAND

- , Baltimore, MD, USA