8.0

1. 100% rebuild of the transmission (2 reports)
2002 Toyota Corolla transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Corolla:

2002 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

May 012012

Corolla CE 1.8L

general longevity is hiding this problem! Toyota is hiding behind the fact that the car will either have been owned "so long" or switched "so many drivers" that they'll claim the problem is not one of manufacturing & "impossible" to diagnose. The excessive use of quotations is intentional; these are the weasel words they will use to defer responsibility as long as possible.

100,000 for any modern well maintained vehicle is simply insufficient to warrant overhaul level repairs. If this were any other product the seller would most definitely be repairing or facing a lawsuit.

Big #!% you Toyota! Thanks for leaving me stranded.

- , Eureka, MT, USA

Apr 032008

Corolla S 1.8L I4

THIS CAR IS UNSAFE!!! My right side drive axle is breaking away from the transmission housing. When I turn, it is popping in and out, and it is working its way loose at speed. This car is undriveable until it is fixed. The estimate to fix is $2500.00. It started to shake in the front like I had a wheel out of balance, and made a faint grinding noise. I decided to take it to Grismer tire, where I bought my tires. They checked the balance, and said it was fine, but said that my right side axle is pulling out of the transmission. I decided to take it to my mechanic, who has been honest with me for 15 years. He confirmed the problem, and said that the transmission would have to be rebuilt to fully solve the problem.

- , Hilliard, OH, USA