8.0

2. replace door lock actuator (1 reports)
2003 Toyota Corolla accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Corolla:

2003 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jun 142008

Corolla LE

The door lock actuator is a little piece of metal that allows your door to open with the clicker, or unlock as needed. My driver's door went out and I had to pay to have it fixed. Toyota told me this was a rare issue and assured me it was unlikely to happen again. Ironically this happened right after I took it in to be repaired in the recall (there was a problem with the bolt in the window). Two weeks after I fixed my drivers lock actuator, the rear left passenger lock went out making it very difficult to unlock the door.

- , Novato, CA, USA

Oct 012008

Corolla LE

I feel that a definite problem exists with Toyota's supplier of the power actuators when both the driver's and passenger side door fail. Need to know "cause and effect" and why.

- , Mission Viejo, CA, USA