8.0

$1,518.00

1. buy a new head gasket (2 reports)
2003 Toyota Corolla engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Corolla:

2003 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Sep 082010

Corolla 4.0L 4 cyl

I have had the oil changed in my Corolla 3 times since buying it from a used dealer several months and about 9000 miles ago. I have a regular mechanic who I trust, but had the car inspected elsewhere before buying it. The inspection revealed no problems (but they must have missed it). I had the oil changed at the time of the inspection. 4000 miles later, I had it changed again at a Goodyear service station and they reported that a gasket was leaking oil, but that it was a very slow leak and could wait to be fixed as long as I kept an eye on the oil level.

After another 4000 miles and not much leaking, I took it to my trusted mechanic to have another problem fixed and he noticed the leak as well, but said that it could be caused by one of several parts- most likely the "valve gasket." He replaced it for me, and I have not noticed any change in the oil level in the past week. I will bring it back to have him check it again in about 2 weeks.

- , Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Apr 022010

Corolla LE

I did not actually have the problem fixed because I am so ticked off with Toyota and because it is too expensive!!!! Last year I had the timing tension seal redone because there was an oil leak. Strangely enough, my car continued to noticeably leak oil. I reported this to Toyota at my next oil change and they claimed they could find no such leak. I recently took my car in for a major tune up and suddenly they have discovered a leak at my head gasket requiring a replacement. I already paid a thousand dollars last year to fix the leak, so I refuse to give them any more of my money. They have also suggested that it might be more worth while to buy a new car.

- , Novato, CA, USA