2003 Toyota Corolla fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Corolla:

2003 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jan 072015

Corolla

I experienced a stuck accelerator pedal in my 2003 Corolla.I tried to kick the pedal loose and could not.I ended up grabbing the key and shutting the engine down to avoid losing control on the snow covered road and hitting traffic in front of me.I later determined that the throttle linkage had lost normal freedom of movement in the cold weather, even though I had cleaned the inside of the throttle body some months earlier.I believe most people would have had an accident in my situation.the only thing that saved me from an accident was my mechanical knowledge of cars enabling me to make the right decisions to avoid an accident.

- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA

Sep 052014

Corolla 4-cyl

On the day of September 04/2014 I was driving my Toyota Corolla 2003 to go work and after few minutes of driving car was start shaking too much and stopped at middle of the street. I tried to start the engine again but it was good with no problem but I found at the dash board light was showing air bags light. On September 12/2014 I went to local Toyota dealer to inspect the problem but they found air bags spiral cable is damage, they also notify me faulty fuel system. It is very much cost effective for me to repair.

- East Elmhurst, NY, USA

Jul 092003

Corolla

Vehicle was hit on freeway and knocked up onto center dividing wall of freeway, approximately 2 days after purchase. The vehicle was twisted and unable to be driven. Insurance company refused to total vehicle and original factory replacement parts were denied. Aftermarket parts not related to vehicle were placed on vehicle including wrong steering, frame, wrong brakes, wrong everything, and many other fraudulent parts including ABS removed from vehicle for which I paid extra about $5600. All complaints to repair company, allstate insurance, and Toyota of orange were denied although vehicle was not operating properly. Example brakes never worked, and locked and skidded at 2-5 miles per hour which was extremely dangerous on road. In may, I took vehicle for smog test and was informed vehicle would not pass visual inspection test due to non approved after market parts on vehicle not related to Toyota. At this time specifically catalytic converter is not an approved part. Only Toyota dealership worked on this vehicle until 2012 when visit to Arizona. No one will help me regarding this matter, and I cannot get tags and registration. I am disabled and immediately need my vehicle. Can you please assist me in this matter as not only is vehicle unsafe, but I have no recourse and no place to turn.

- Ontario, CA, USA