2.4

2003 Toyota Corolla miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Corolla:

2003 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Sep 252015

Corolla

Driver experienced a surge in uncalled for acceleration while slowing down to stop for a traffic light. The car stopped after this surge after heavy brake application and became normal. This was not repeated for the remainder of the trip of approximately 5 miles.

- Brookfield, WI, USA

Oct 022014

Corolla

Our Toyota had a recall on the passenger airbags. The dealer installed a harness and ECM. When they rechecked the SRS system the airbag light came back on for B1811 for spiral cable. I was told that this repair is not part of the recall but that my driver side airbag is not working. I did some research and found that the spiral cable is part of a recall with other Toyota but not the same year as mine. Obviously there are problems with these airbags and I'm wondering why my Toyota is not part of the recall? I am very concerned about this especially since my 17 year old son is now driving the vehicle! this is an expensive repair for us!

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 192011

Corolla

I've been waiting for the parts to come in for the "safety recall" for my sunroof and have only received one phone call stating they are still waiting on the parts. The recall is from webasto product North America, Inc. For hollandia 700/600, and hollandia tvs 900 series aftermath sunroofs. This sunroof is # 6074852 and just shattered last night.

- Lee's Summit, MO, USA

May 262006

Corolla 4-cyl

On passenger vehicles with vehicle identification numbers (VIN) starting with 1nx only and built from January 8 through February 13, 2002, it is possible for the bolts that join the rear brake and hub assembly to the rear axle carrier to be loose due to insufficient tightening during the assembly process. After experiencing a noise from the rear of the car, I brought my 2003 Toyota Corolla to the dealer. One interesting not, is I never had the estimated gas mileage on my Corolla, and brought this to the dealers attention numerous times. I would only get 31-33 mpg on the highway and worse in the city. I think the bearings on the 2003 Corolla are defective. I have a friend who also has a 2003 Corolla and had the same problem after only 2 years of driving. Our vehicles did not make the recall, but all 2003 Corollas should be included.

- Abilene, TX, USA

Jun 102004

Corolla 4-cyl

When back windows are down in the car, it creates a sonic pressure and hurts your ears, which could lead to permanent earing loss. This was not disclosed to me when I bought the car.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 032003

Corolla

The car has a rotten egg smell. It happens sporadically. I've called both the dealer and Toyota a number of times. They tell me it is the gas - and to try different brands of gas. I called the epa and spoke with jim caldwell and he said it was not the gas. I called the wi dept of transportation and jim chaja said that another lady from appleton called in on Monday about the same thing. She was getting ready to file under the lemon law. She bought hers from gustman, I bought mine from kolosso. Toyota claims they stand by their research and believe the epa is wrong.

- Appleton, WI, USA