2004 Toyota Corolla body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Corolla:

2004 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Oct 312003

Corolla 4-cyl

Sun visor on driver side interferes with rear view mirror. When visor is pulled down, it hits the rear view mirror, causing the mirror to move up or down. On sunny days when constantly moving visor, the rear view mirror is a continual problem needing readjustment and causing driver to take eyes off the road.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Aug 282003

Corolla 6-cyl

Approximately 45 days ago (Aug. 27, 2003) I purchased a 2004 Toyota camray Solara. The auto is equipped with a low tire pressure warning system. On day one, the system alerted me of low tire pressure. I took the vehicle back to the dealership at it was fixed. The following morning, I noticed moisture condensation on the inside. I turned on the ac and it disappeared. For the second time, the low pressure indicator was on and I again returned the car to the dealership. The dealerships service department checked the tires, informed me that all the tires must have the same pressure, and showed me the reset switch under the dash. A week later, after a rain storm, the car carpets were wet. I returned the car to the dealer and after a day, the car was returned and I was admonished to ensure that I didn't leave the car windows open. At the end of that week, there was another heavy rain storm and my car remained parked for that entire weekend, "with the windows closed." On Sunday, September 14th, I entered the car and once again, the floor mats were soaked and there was a musty/moldy smell in the car. On the following Monday (9/15) I returned the car to the dealer. This time, after a day, the service department told me that there was a reported problem of water leaking and that I would have to return the car later in the week to have the dashboard removed and the leaking part replaced/repaired. And, once again, the low tire pressure indicator was on. My car is still not totally repaired and the low tire pressure light is on again. The dealer now has possession of my car for almost as much time as I have. I am waiting for the next rain storm and I?M afraid to wash my car. In addition, there are mold and mold spores growing in the vehicle, which is aggravating my asthma.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Jul 222003

Corolla 4-cyl

Metalic rattle comes out of the dashboard of 2004 Corolla le. The car has only 15 miles on it.

- Sacramento, CA, USA