2004 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Corolla:

2004 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 1 of 10)

Feb 162015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V043000 and 15V285000 (air bags). The parts were not available to perform the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Elberta, CA, USA

Oct 082016

Corolla

I looked up my vehicles recalls and noticed that there is one related to airbags. Coincidently I do have an air bag light lit on my car and it seems like my model year is susceptible to shorts in the system. I contacted the dealer and they told me that they have a 6 week or more wait on the recall and they will contact me. I find this to unacceptable for a safety feature.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Jun 012016

Corolla

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) was received in June of 2015. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Middleville, MI, USA

Apr 202015

Corolla

I called Toyota, marina del rey, ca, in order to make an appointment to have the airbags inspected and fix. I received a recall notice in April 2016. I was told that they did not have the part and there is a waiting list for the actual part. I have called Toyota several times just to hear that they are still waiting for the part and they will call me once it is in. In the meantime, my car is part of this recall and no one has try to fix the problem.

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Apr 262016

Corolla

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Jul 112016

Corolla

Takata recall I contacted my dealer in May 2016 to schedule the SRS/ECU repair and was told they needed to order the parts. I called the dealer July 11 and was told the SRS part was not available and it could be sometime maybe months before the parts would be available. He stated it was takata's fault and there was nothing the dealer could do. I would like to know if what the dealer is telling me is correct.

- Farmersville, OH, USA

Jun 242016

Corolla

Takata recall: I was told that the recall takes 3 hours. I can not be without a car for 3 hours. I tried to call the nearest Toyota dealership and they couldn't even schedule this appointment over the phone. They said they were busy and would have to have an "adviser" call me back. I will need a rental car paid for in order to get this service done. I would think that this would the utmost of importance and systems/personnel would be in place to handle this more efficiently and more timely. Since this is the manufacturers' negligence, I expect Toyota to deliver on it's legal commitment to pay for all costs associated with this burden. If it takes 3 hours, I need a rental car for 3 hours.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jun 152016

Corolla

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 08V162000 (visibility), 15V286000 (air bags), and 15V043000 (air bags). The parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Vail, AZ, USA

May 022016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V285000 (air bags) and 15V043000 (air bags). The parts were not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the repair. The dealer scheduled an appointment and later indicated that the appointment needed to be canceled due to part unavailability. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution connect.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Jan 012016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Ridgefeild, WA, USA

May 162016

Corolla

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Rowley, MA, USA

Oct 052015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V285000 (air bags) and 15V043000 (air bags). The dealer was unable to supply the part within a reasonable time frame. The contact waited longer than six months and was unable to determine from the dealer when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was unable to provide a specific time frame that the parts would be sent to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 07/27/16 updated 08/01/16.

- Englewood, CO, USA

Mar 042016

Takata recall.

- Manor, TX, USA

Mar 212016

Corolla

Toyota sent an ┐urgent safety recall┐ concerning the SRS ECU on my Toyota. The letter stated: ┐this is an important safety recall; Toyota has prepared sufficient parts for vehicles registered in your location.┐ I scheduled an appointment with authorized Toyota dealer charles barker Toyota in Virginia beach, va, and scheduled an appointment to have the work performed. I left the car for the required work, and picked it up later. I stopped at a store on the way home and called my wife, and she told me that the service people had called and said they had to order a part. Up to this point, no one had explained to me that the repairs had not been made to my car and that I would need to schedule it for a return visit. I called and spoke to service advisor derrick williams, and he told me that they do not stock the computers and have to order them. Toyota has not prepared sufficient parts for vehicles registered in my area, and it is preposterous that Toyota expects me to bring my car back for a second service call to replace a part that should be stocked.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Feb 102014

Corolla

I recieved a safety recall notice back in 2013 stating that my vehicle requires installation of the sub-wire harness and replacement of the SRS ECU. I have taken my vehicle to the toyaota dealer at least 4 times. Starting from April 2013 and the most recent February 28, 2016 and each time they tell me that the parts had been ordered but my car still has not been fixed.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Jan 062014

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Feb 032015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V043000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Rolla, MO, USA

Jan 022016

Corolla

"takata recall" I keep receiving recall notices, but when I call the dealership, they act like they don't know what I am talking about and when I call the 1800 number they act like everything is taken care of. Then the dealership calls and they don't know what is going on again. I have given up on the safety recall for the time being. I hope that as time passes the system will get smoothed out where this can actually get fixed, maybe. It does not seem that fixing the airbag issues are a serious priority in person, only on paper.

- Tow, TX, USA

Dec 312015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V043000 (air bags) and 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Dec 292015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V285000 (air bags), 15V043000 (air bags), 13V029000 (air bags) and 08V162000 (visibility). However, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect and VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Apison, TN, USA