2005 Toyota Corolla accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Corolla:

2005 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Apr 082011

I own a sunshine kids radian xtsl which was installed rfing in our 2005 Toyota Corolla using the "super latch" latch strap which is supposedly able to be used until my child reaches 80 lbs (the maximum weight limit of the seat). Due to the way the buckle on the strap is, when my son's foot hit the buckle part of the latch strap, it loosened to the point I could move the seat several inches at the belt path. I reinstalled with the seatbelt to avoid this from happening again, but that is kind of annoying being that one reason I bought this seat was for the "super latch" feature. I just feel it is not safe to continue using the latch since my son can so easily touch it with his foot. (related vehicle information: Model year=2005, make=Corolla, model=Toyota).

- Staunton, VA, USA