1. replaced water pump (1 reports)
2005 Toyota Corolla cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Corolla:

2005 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jul 232012

Corolla CE 1.8L

I bought my 2005 Toyota Corolla new from dealership in a different city. Have had all servicing done at dealerships. The staff at the dealership that I have gone to for the past 5 years is very polite and nice. Besides the oil changes which I always do on time, I have had front brake pads changed (a bit early but did not bother me as I drive a lot in stop and go city traffic), a serpentine belt changed which they said was cracking, and battery replaced when it died after 6 years. This time I went in for oil change and transmission fluid change (as it should be done after 60k km as per maintenance schedule) and to have the original tires replaced.

While I was waiting, the service adviser informed me that the mechanic said the water pump was leaking a lot and must be replaced. Cost including parts and labor and radiator flush would be $360 (later he gave me a 10% discount on that which I appreciate). I had the work done. I was surprised that a water pump would go out after only 67,000 km (42k miles). But he said that the car was 6 years old so it could be expected. I did not regularly check my radiator fluid level before but now I will. I hope nothing else major breaks down.

Other than that I like my Corolla and it has been good to drive and gives good mileage.

- , Mississauga, Ontario, canada