2.2

2005 Toyota Corolla fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Corolla:

2005 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Mar 052016

Corolla

There was a recall on Toyota's engine control modules. I took my car in and had it replaced in 2012 due to a failed emissions inspection. In 2016, im having the same issue again and Toyota refuses to do anything about it.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Sep 012015

Corolla

Check engine light came while driving to work in 2005 Corolla. Took car to mechanic who diagnosed the charcoal canister needed to be replaced. Also occurred with a 20008 Toyota matrix (Corolla cousin), that had only 70,000 miles on it. Seems to me this is a manufacturing defect with Toyota Corollas and possibly others.

- Duvall, WA, USA

Jul 032015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. While placing fuel in the vehicle, the lever to the fuel tank fractured. The contact drove the vehicle to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician stated that the lever inside fractured. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Frederica, DE, USA

Jun 102015

Corolla

Dear all, in my Toyota Corolla 2005 car, check engine sign are coming and going. There is some issue with fuel pump or gas tank. I have asked the same to Toyota dealership but they have no answer for the same. They are saying for checking I have to pay 150+ usd. As this is a mechanical issue, please help me to deal with the same.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Jul 042012

Corolla 6-cyl

Several episodes of unintended acceleration while at a stop sign, and several others while driving.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 092012

Corolla 4-cyl

While driving on 55 South freeway exit from 91 West to my work, my car suddenly stopped responding. It started jerking and suddenly stopped the engine. Luckily traffic wasn't that fast otherwise it could have created a big pile up behind me. I pulled over to the right shoulder and stopped. I tried about 3-4 times to start, but it did not crank at all. So I called the tow truck and towed to nearby Firestone in orange, ca. They first suspected may be the bad battery, and checked and replace the battery but still didn't start. So they did complete diagnosis and found that fuel wasn't reaching to the engine due to fuel pump failure. They recommended to changed the whole fuel pump assembly and charged me about $1100. They told me that there has been known issues on 05 Toyota Corolla for fuel pump failure and they knew in 2005 and issued notice too. I have bought this brand new in '04 August from Toyota in claremont, ca. At least they should have notified us via email or postal mail since they knew about it, than I could have gone to dealership and have them checked for it. Now, I am stuck with the $1100 bill. That is ridiculous how careless Toyota is. No wonder, they had so many recalls last year 2011. I just want the Toyota to know about it and send me the money I paid to Firestone. I have googled online, and found so many blogger who had issue with the fuel pump. So it has been still going on and Toyota is not doing anything about it. They should fix the issue right away, it's a manufacturing defect. Why they wait until people die"??"

- Chino Hills, CA, USA