6.9

2005 Toyota Corolla miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Corolla:

2005 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jun 212007

Corolla 4-cyl

(problem - clutch) purchased 2005 Toyota Corolla xrs in 08/04 (no longer made). Taken it regularly to have it svc'd at charles barker Toyota laskin rd - Virginia beach, va. I've had to take it back a few times in btwn the regular sched svc. Approx 39,123 miles. Purchased the platinum extended warranty plan. 10nov06 I paid $281.27 for the 30,000 miles svc, because I was told that I needed it. 11apr07 I paid $252.90 for the 35,000 miles svc, again because I was told by the dealer that I needed. I do not drive my car in a way that the clutch would've burned out in 3yrs. Online (toyotafinancial.com)/new vehicle protection plan comparison/manual transmission- it shows everything that is covered by the warranty. There are items listed for the clutch that is covered by the warranty. When I called about the warranty (purchased through Toyota) they stated that nothing was covered. Which I don't understand. Because they're stating 2 different things. If the platinum coverage online is not correct, then that's false advertisement. Fidelity warranty services, Inc. P.O. Box 8567 deerfield beach, Florida 33443 1-800-327-5172 contract nbr. 38848636. I don't expect them to cover the whole amount that was quoted. But the either the dealer or the warranty should help cover some of the expense. The maintenace of the car has been kept up. There's no reason why the clutch should've went out in 3yrs. I was told by Toyota dealership - asst. Svc mgr to call the warranty company. When I called the warranty company, I was told that I wasn't suppose to be calling them. So I'm getting the run around & the whole amount is going to be put me regardless. Which is unfair. It has never been hard to shift into gears, but for the past weeks when you go into 5th & 6th gear (there was no griding sound as if it had problems going into gear), the car seem as if it was unable to pick up speed & when you pressed on the gas the motor just sounded louder & there was a burning smell.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Feb 202007

Corolla

Customer states that the car does not slow down when foot is removed from the pedal** the consumer stated in order to slow the vehicle down, the brakes must be applied. The consumer stated the vehicle was designed that way.

- Laguna Hills, CA, USA

Jul 052006

Corolla 4-cyl

My Corolla stalled in a flooded street that was visibly passable for other vehicles, both small and large. As a result of the exposure to the water, the car experienced a major engine failure. During a discussion with a representative at the dealership, I learned that the air-in-take system is located relatively low to the ground "on the bumper." This seems to be a design flaw which could lead to the car failing to perform during relatively minor flooding conditions.

- Massapequa, NY, USA