2005 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Corolla:

2005 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 3 of 20)

Jun 172016

Corolla

Takata recall - I called green's Toyota in lexington ky shortly after receiving the recall notice to schedule the recall repair. I explained that I wanted to bring it in on the 1st available Saturday. I was routed to many people and finally after speaking to marion bailey (service mgr), I was told that they would have to order the part and once it arrived, I could schedule to repair. Yesterday I received notice that the part was received. I called today, and was told that they do not do Saturday recall repairs. My formal complaint is that 1. they could have an should have told me this before having wait 4 weeks for a part to arrive, and then having to find another dealership to repair this, and wait another 4 weeks for the part to arrive, and 2. we simply cannot bring this car in for repair during the week as we both work and cannot spend the majority of a work day waiting for a repair. We have a few saturdays that are available to us in the next several weeks and need to get this repair completed. I am formally notifying the NHTSA and Toyota corporation of America that we have made every reasonable effort to resolve this matter as outlined in the Toyota recall notice. However, we have met resistance and delays at most every attempt to get this recall repair completed. I am asking for specific and immediate assistance in locating a dealer close to our location, that will repair this item on a Saturday, and for expedited scheduling and ordering/receiving of the recall repair part.

- Mount Sterling, KY, USA

Jun 132016

Corolla

Takata recall - similar to others who have written complaints, I received a letter nearly a year ago saying that I was involved in the recall and that there were parts available in my area. I scheduled an appointment at my local Toyota dealership (kearny mesa) only to be told that they parts weren't in yet and that they'd let me know when they were....I realize there are a lot of cars affected by this. I also realize that my region has low humidity and there's less concern for the airbag to malfunction...but this really is unacceptable. Nearly a year later and I have to either "not drive with anyone" or give them a fair warning that says "hey, that airbag might not be safe, thanks for riding with me!" it's absolutely ridiculous that there isn't a faster response or way to see when we'll be able to get our cars fixed.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Reno, NV, USA

Jun 132016

Corolla

Takata recall - I scheduled an appointment with ourisman Toyota in fairfax, va to have the airbag replaced. I called the parts department to confirm availability of the airbag prior to my appointment but received no return call to my voicemail. When I arrived for my appointment I was told that the waiting list at ourisman for this part is at least many weeks and possibly several months as they do not know when new shipments of airbags will arrive or how many will be coming. The only explanation for my not having received a call back was that "we use a call center now and we don't know what they are doing." My wife is leaving with the car for Canada in just over a week and is very concerned about making a long highway trip with the airbag situation still unresolved.

- Burke, VA, USA

Jun 012016

Corolla 4-cyl

2005 Toyota Corolla. Consumer writes in regards to dealerships failure to repair/replacement parts availability to complete front passenger airbag inflator module recall notice in a reasonable time frame.

- Essex Junction, VT, USA

Aug 242015

Corolla

"takata recall" I received a notice stating that "Toyota has completed parts preparation for vehicles in your geographic area" yet when I call our local Toyota dealer, they tell me that Toyota is only allowing them to order 1 part per week!! they have put my name on the list, but said they will see me in about a year. This is not acceptable. This is my teenage daughter's vehicle and this issue needs fixed now, not a year from now. She has already been driving it too long with this unsafe defect. What is Toyota going to do if something happens between now and when they decide to let dealers order more than 1 part per week?? I would like an explanation and a solution to this problem for a quicker repair!

- Marietta, OH, USA

Jan 012016

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Aug 012015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Drift, KY, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution connect.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA

Apr 122016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Centereach, NY, USA

Mar 172016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000(air bags) however, the parts for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced the failure. Part distribution disconnect.

- Waynesboro, VA, USA

May 282016

Corolla

Takata recall. I got a letter from Toyota instructing me to bring the vehicle in for the recall repair. I contacted priority Toyota of springfield, va. 7601 loisdale rd, springfield, va 22150 to schedule the repair. After I provided the VIN, they instructed me that I must bring the vehicle in for a pre-inspection, then they will order the part, which will take a week to arrive, then I can bring the car back and wait for the repair which will take 3-4 hours. This is unacceptable. Toyota has a faulty part and they need to make it right with customers, not make us jump through a bunch of hoops. The recall notice clearly states not to allow someone to sit in the passenger seat until the repair is made.

- Springfield, VA, USA

May 182015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags). The part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Chattaroy, WA, USA

May 232016

Corolla

It has been nearly 2 years since I discovered that the passenger air bag is on recall. Toyota dealer is still saying it could be up to 1 more year before they can get it replaced.

- Sellersburg, IN, USA

May 232016

Corolla

I received a letter in September 2015 about my car having a recall on it's airbags. Toyota said they would call when they had the part in. I waited until January 2016. I called my Toyota dealer in January and asked them if the part was in yet. They said no and that I had to order the part. Prior to this, my original letter did not tell me that I needed to order a part. It simply told me to wait for a call from Toyota when the part was in. So then they ordered the part in January. In March, I still had not heard anything. I called and asked about my part and they said they still did not have it. I finally received a letter saying my part was ready on May 23rd 2016. I called my Toyota dealer to make an appointment. The service receptionist I spoke with was very short and rude with me. She told me that my part was still not in and that she had no way of telling me when it would arrive. I have had to drive an unsafe vehicle since September 2015. I should not have to wait almost an entire year for my recall to be fixed. I am still waiting and do not know when my Toyota dealer will be able to fix my car.

- Franklin, WI, USA

May 202016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Joplin, MO, USA

May 202016

Corolla 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notification for the air bags; however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The NHTSA campaign number was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 06/29/16 the consumer stated the dealer replaced the air bags. Updated 07/11/16.

- Chico, CA, USA

May 182016

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 07/27/16 updated 08/01/16.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Corolla

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- West Olive, MI, USA

Sep 092015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Yonkers, NY, USA