5.7

2006 Toyota Corolla brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Corolla:

2006 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Feb 052007

Corolla

I purchased a 2006 Toyota Corolla ce on 06-26-06. On 02-05-07 vehicle would not start. After several attempts it still didn't start. I called the local Toyota dealership and he told me to get a jump off because it was the battery due to the cold weather. I got a jump off and it still would start. I called the dealership back and he told me to call a tow truck. I did that and it was towed to the dealership. We needed all keys to see if it was the keys and it wasn't. he thought it was bad gas and it wasn't. then he said it was the computer. The computer was replaced and I still have trouble cranking it now. I would turn the key and it wouldn't do anything. After several attempts, it would crank. Before this incidence, in July 2006, not even a month after getting the vehicle, my brakes started squealing and they still do now. The rotor was defective and replaced. Each time I take it for servicing, I'm told there's nothing wrong with the brakes. I filed a complaint with Toyota customer relations with no response. Now I've filed a complaint with the national center for dispute settlement.

- Macon, GA, USA