2006 Toyota Corolla drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Corolla:

2006 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 092008

Corolla

I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla ce, it's automatic with the drive shift in the center console. Shortly after purchase I noticed if the shift is barely bumped it knocks the car into neutral while driving at any speed. I have been very careful not to bump it, but yesterday I hit a bump on the interstate it knocked me into neutral, I was not aware I was out of gear, because a 18 wheeler was barreling down on my bumper, so I couldn't hear the change in the motor, but when I tried to accelerate to get out of his way, the car wouldn't go faster, then I noticed my tachometer was at 4 1/2 and knew there was a problems so I took the shoulder. I have a 17 year old son that will be driving soon, I don't feel safe with him driving because of the potential of either causing a accident, or breaking down, or ruining the car all together. The dealership shrugged their shoulders and said it didn't happen to them in a test drive around the parking lot. And all models of cars have the capability to be moved into neutral when bumped, and with out pushing the button on the shift.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA