2006 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Corolla:

2006 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 7 of 20)

Dec 302015

Corolla

The contact owned a 2006 Toyota Corolla. While driving 45 mph in inclement weather, the contact crashed the vehicle into a ditch and it flipped over. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact dislocated her shoulder and injured her back, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to an independent mechanic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 81,000.

- Chrisney, IN, USA

Jun 012015

Corolla 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 04/06/16 the consumer stated the air bag issue was resolved. Updated 04/14/16.

- Chillicothe, OH, USA

Jan 052016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Aug 032015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) however, the part for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Sep 082015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 04/14/16

- Escondido, CA, USA

Jun 152015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Albany, NY, USA

Dec 292015

- Nutley, NJ, USA

Dec 292015

Corolla

Takata recall! thank god, nothing has happened, however, I am writing in complaint about the slowness of getting the airbags replaced/fixed in my vehicle in regards to the recall. Every time I get into my car, I fear that something will make the airbag(s) deploy which will injure or kill either my 2 year old daughter or myself, or both of us. I am a single parent and cannot at this time afford to buy another vehicle that does not have this issue. I called and spoke with an Agency representative at least two months ago. This person really did not offer any thing to my inquiry, only that that things were being expedited and I should check with my local Toyota dealer. While I do understand there are logistics to resolving this issue, that takata officials dragged their feet, that the "powers that be" don't want to inundate the dealer(ships) with an overabundance of repairs at the same time, and that, now, hah is being considered, I need those "powers" to understand that on top of every other fear one has when getting on the road, we drivers, I, now have the real fear that a device that is supposed to protect me and my family can now seriously harm either one of us at any time. This issue has been ongoing far too long for the repairs to be at the place it currently is. I would like someone to personally contact me, either my mail, email or phone, to give me an update on when my vehicle will be repaired! hearing of another fatality on the cbs evening news does not allay my fears.

- Princess Anne, MD, USA

Jun 162015

Corolla

Takata recall defective front passenger airbag which can cause death or great bodily injury upon a collision or impact.. recall issued by Toyota on 6/16/2015. I received letter in August 2015 about the recall. I went to northridge Toyota at `19550 nordhoff St., northridge, ca 91324. I spoke to asst.svc. Mgr., marty aproian who provided info and instructions to obtain repair. I telephoned svc dept on 9/1/2015 and spoke to kathryn who said part will be ordered and they will call when part arrives. No contact whatsoever from northridge Toyota, so I phoned them again on 12/24/2015 and spoke to ani. Checked on status and she related that there is no part so cannot repair dangerous condition. She verified my orior contact they will call when part arrives. I have significant doubts that dangerous condition will ever be repaired in a reasonable time frame. So I phoned Toyota customer experience center (corporate) at 888 270 9371 and spoke with a danny who opened a claim with a ref # of 1512241258. It appears that they could do nothing to assist in obtaining the necessary repair. And referred me to service manager at northridge Toyota, so nothing accomplished re correcting a very dangerous condition. Five plus months have elapsed since the recall despite my best efforts in seeking the repair that has not been done. Please help in whatever regulatory manner possible to see that I obtain the repair asap.

- Northridge, CA, USA

Dec 282015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Broomall, PA, USA

Jun 162015

Corolla

NHTSA recall number: 15V285 air bag inflator recall - the interim recall has been provided more than six months ago. There has been no communications on this since and there is no indication as to when the repairs will be started or completed. The interim recall suggests to not have any passengers. That is absolutely a ridiculous proposition for people that do not have any other choice - unless Toyota is willing to provide rentals of the same caliber car without this defect so that families can travel in peace. The suggestion to not have the passenger there is flawed given that if there will be metal shards in case of an accident those shards could also effect the driver as well as anyone sitting in the back of the vehicle. This deems the entire vehicle non-operable. I was assuming that initially the issue would be resolved expediently, but to my horror that is not the case. It is disturbing that there is not more demanded out of Toyota.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Aug 022015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Dec 212014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 02/05/16

- Canal Winchester, OH, USA

Aug 152015

Corolla

Tamara inflators. I received a letter describing the air bag issue on 8/15/15. Today's date is 12/18/15. No one has been allowed to sit in the passenger seat since the initial notice. Moreover I am worried that if the bag deploys it may cause the driver to panic and be in an accident. The driver is my college age son who wants his friends to accompany him. We have been beset with this danger for too long. The Toyota company is no help at all.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Nov 012015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was invalid. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Irwindale, CA, USA

Dec 172015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Englewood, NJ, USA

Aug 192015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 03/16/16

- Concord, MA, USA

Aug 102015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair for several months. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 03/10/16

- Kempton, PA, USA

Jun 292015

Corolla 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000(air bags); however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 04/08/16 the consumer stated the air bag was replaced in January 2016. Updated 05/10/16.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jul 012015

Corolla

Takata recall. I was sent a recall notice months ago. The notice indicated that I should not have anyone sit in the front passenger seat. I have called Toyota and the dealer several times and they have said they do not have the parts yet. To me this is unacceptable. I would not have purchased the car if I knew I could not safely have someone in the front passenger seat. The wait to get this problem fixed is not acceptable. Toyota referred me to my dealer when I asked about a loaner car; my dealer said they did't have any. So basically I am screwed. I feel that they should get me a loaner somehow. Or just give me another car.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA