Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2007 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.

The problem with NHTSA data for the 2007 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.

So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention. typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2007 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.

2007 Toyota Corolla accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Corolla:

2007 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Oct 012009

My 2007 Toyota Corolla accelerated dangerously three times. I put on brakes with all my might, put it in parked position. No damage to anything, or anyone, but the sudden acceleration was scary. It's not among the recalled models. I removed the Toyota floor mat from the driver's side. I will go back to dealer : I want them to look at the car's computer.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Dec 292009

I just had the floor mat acceleration happen to me in my 2007 Corolla. I was slowing down for a red light, so my foot was on the brake... the car suddenly accelerated so I threw the shift into neutral and I was able to pull the mat out from under the accelerator and my car continued to slide like it was on ice and then came to a stop.

- Bloomington, IL, USA