CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2007 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.

The problem with NHTSA data for the 2007 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.

So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.

CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2007 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.

2007 Toyota Corolla engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Corolla:

2007 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 152008

Corolla 4-cyl

I have a 2007 Toyota Corolla S, and I believe there is a manufacturer design flaw that leads to excessive debris and rocks that gain access through the front of the vehicle and will ultimately puncture holes in the ac condenser. Since I have owned this vehicle this is the second occurrence of having a punctured hole in my ac condenser. Since they say it is caused by a rock the dealership accepts no fault and the warranty does not cover it. They charge $728 dollars to repair the condenser. I am upset because I feel that Toyota knows that this problem exists and have done very little to resolve the issue. My car only has 22,000 miles on it yet this has happened twice. Very dissatisfied with the design of the vehicle which I feel is the cause. The car should have enough protection in the front end that a rock would not be able to make contact with the ac condenser so easily.

- Turlock, CA, USA

Aug 222007

Corolla 4-cyl

The 2007 Toyota Corolla (ce) car engine didn't pick up speed in highway until pulling car over to shoulder and restarted the car. This situation has happened three times yesterday when I driving it with my family on highway I-95 in jacksonville Florida. Next day I went Toyota dealer to find out the issue. They hooked the engine with the computer but didn't find the problem. I fear this will happen in the future and may cause life threaten situation.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA