Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2007 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.

The problem with NHTSA data for the 2007 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.

So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention. typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2007 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.

2007 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Corolla:

2007 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 18 of 19)

Jun 012015

Corolla 4-cyl

2007 Toyota Corolla. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle airbags issues. The consumer was informed his vehicle was not included in the air bag recall.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 022015

Corolla 4-cyl

I purchased a brand new 2007 Toyota Corolla le in June 2007. On June 2, 2015, airbag malfunction light came on on display. Following "owner's manual" that came with vehicle, I contacted a local Toyota dealer, who scheduled me for a June 11, 2015 appointment. Upon taking my car to Toyota dealer for investigation on what could be wrong, Toyota dealer found left front SRS sensor to have failed and center SRS sensor is poor/intermittent signal. I asked Toyota dealer what caused these sensors to be defective, Toyota dealer said they did not know. I then asked implication(s) of defective sensors, Toyota dealer said in the event of impact airbags will not deploy. I contacted Toyota using online form (!/app/ask) on June 14, 2015. Toyota called me on June 15, 2015 but did not offer an explanation that sounded reasonable. I was told by Toyota representative (rep) that it could be from wear. I asked Toyota how sensors can get damaged if nothing has ever been in area of sensors location to cause any wear or damage. I then told her I have only had routine maintenance done such as oil change, air filter change, tire replacement etc done and that I have never been in a crash for as long as I have owned the vehicle. I then asked her how long sensors can be expected to last without damage and/or wear and she did not know. She said manager of Toyota dealer who diagnosed the problem will contact me on June 17, 2015. Something tells me Toyota is not going to accept this is Toyota's fault hence I am filing this complaint. Thank you....updated 07/30/15 updated 11/9/2015

- Liverpool, NY, USA

Feb 252015

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000. Updated 09/10/15 updated 09/15/15

- Chino Valley, AZ, USA

Sep 162014

I had my car scanned to find out why my air bag light was and the fault code was B1811 open for driver squidb circuit. They checked and found that my clock spring was bad. The part number was1 84306-02110 cable sub. This is a dealer item from Toyota. I got the part from kings Toyota in cinnainnti Ohio. I work for another dealer and had them put in on for me, . I did receive a discount on both the labor and the part. I have called Toyota to see if my car was on the recall list and it is not. This was my air bag and I got told by our service tech that my air bag would not go off if I had a front end was in a wreck. This is a safety issue. I don't see how my car is not on the recall list when I did have air bags issues. I do have a copy of the service work order.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Jul 092014

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V655000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Baldwin, NY, USA

Jan 132015

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V655000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was not provided. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Apr 162015

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2007 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving at 5 mph and approaching a traffic light, another vehicle crashed into the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The contact sustained cuts and bruises on the arm, chest, and face which required medical attention. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 114,000...updated 05/07/15 updated 5/19/15 updated 7/1/2015

- Irvine, CA, USA

Aug 212014

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the air bag sensors needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 61,000.

- Romana, CA, USA

Oct 212014

Corolla 4-cyl

I purchased this vehicle, on September 22, 2014. On October 21, the vehicle airbag light came on, I let the finance company diamond finance know that this light was on, I believe the recall should be extended to all Corollas because they really are not safe and I cant even let my young children sit in the front of this car because I have no idea when this airbag will inflate. The car is also making a horrible loud noise, and the re is something definitely wrong with the coolant system on this car.

- Stonemountain, GA, USA

Sep 092014

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving 40-50 mph, the vehicle became involved in a crash with multiple vehicles and a guard rail. The contact stated that the air bags failed to deploy. The contact was unsure if there were any injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The vehicle was towed to a repair shop. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Buies Creek, NC, USA

Jul 082014

Experiencing air bag light on. Was told at dealer I needed the air bag spiral cable replaced inside steering column. There is currently a recall the the spiral cable on certain Toyota models. I question if the 2007 Toyota Corolla should be included in the recall as well.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Jun 282014

The contact owned a 2007 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the vehicle was involved in a collision and the air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed and an injury was reported. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 254,000.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Nov 262013

On November 26, 2013 at about 5 pm I drove out of a parking lot in the left lane taking a left turn and continued driving with the flow of traffic in the left lane, which was about 30 miles per hour; it was dark and starting to drizzle;I was wearing my seatbelt;I was suddenly hit from behind by a car and we crashed into the car in front of me;immediately upon rear impact I was thrown into the steering wheel at an angle hitting my sternum on the right side of the steering wheel;my injuries were a severely bruised sternum, and continuing neck and back injuries; my car was totaled;I contacted Toyota on November 30, 2013 to complain as my air bag did not deploy and my seatbelt did not lock;on January 16, 2014 I received a letter from Toyota stating that they inspected the car on December 23, 2013; I was told that I would receive a copy of the inspection, which I did not;the response from Toyota was that for the non-deployment of the air bag it was determined that the rear of the other vehicle overrode the front bumper of my vehicle;for the seatbelt failing to lock it was determined that there were no abnormalities observed with the seatbelt and latched;I am requesting an investigation of my complaint;although Toyota is stating that the seatbelt latched and released as designed my concern is not that the seatbelt latched and released but that the seatbelt failed to lock and I know that the seatbelt did not lock because if it had worked properly I would not have slammed into the steering wheel and the air bag did not deploy;Toyota stated that the inspection determined that the incident was not a result of a manufacturing or design defect;my complaint is not that the incident was caused by a defect with the car as that was caused by the other driver but that if the air bag and seatbelt functioned as expected, my injuries may have been avoided or not as severe.

- Bristol, CT, USA

Jan 312014

Corolla 4-cyl

Air bag warning light came on and stays on. Unsure of exact date.

- Joshua, TX, USA

Feb 182014

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving an unknown speed, he crashed into another vehicle had-on. The air bags failed to deploy and the vehicle was towed to the contact's insurance company for further inspection. The contact was not injured and a police report was not filed. The failure and current mileage was 136,000. Updated 03/18/14

- Glade Spring , VA, USA

Jul 112013

Corolla 4-cyl

A man pulled in front of me turning left. I was going straight. I T-boned him and the front of my car was damaged. I hit the steering wheel before the airbag went off. Why? it was a front end collision and the engine was completely ruined. Gas spilling and immobility of the car. It seems that kind of impact should've deployed the airbag upon contact. I was going 30mph and he was supposedly going 30mph or more (since he was coming down hill)...which equals a 60mph impact at least. I've read a 40-45mph impact to a standing object should deploy the airbags. This was two moving cars.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Aug 092010

Corolla 4-cyl Diesel

The air bag light has been coming on since 2010 I took it in to Toyota and was told nothing was wrong. Light kept coming on so I took it back in (2011) again was told nothing was wrong, took the car in for a 3rd time in 2012 and was told it was a water bottle that was under the seat. I disagreed with the mechanic cause the water bottle was my daughters from that morning, I told the mechanic the bottle was still cold from that morning so that was not it but that is what they wrote was the cause of the air bag light coming on in the report. I have not taken the care back since because I don't ever get the problem resolved and don't want to pay for them to tell me its nothing, however the light does still come on and remains on for weeks sometimes months at a time. My only concern is that the airbags will malfunction and not work when they should or suddenly go off for no reason.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Oct 282012

Corolla 4-cyl

On a rainy October 28, 2012 Sunday, I was traveling on rte. 73, in moorsetown, NJ and I attempted to get off 73 and go down the rte. 295 N ramp. As I went down the ramp, I put on my brakes to slow down and all of a sudden it felt like my car was flying. The brakes locked up, the car spun around and crashed into the curb so hard on the drivers side, that it totaled the back and front rims of my tires. Then once I thanked god for not letting there be any cars around me and letting me be alright, then I attempted to move the car. I backed the car up a little bit then pressed down on brake to change gear into drive and turned steering wheel away from curb, and my car flew to the other side of the ramp and crashed into the curb on the passengers side of which damaged the front rim on that side and through all of this the air bag never ejected. I could kind of understand that it was wet and the car hydroplaned before first crash. But I don't understand how before the car took off the second time while I had my foot on the brake and barely moving, brakes were completely locked up. At this point I was scared to move the car again, so I just cut the car off and sat there for a while, then turned it back on, then it felt like brakes were alright when I pressed down on it. I took my car back to the dealer I bought it from and asked them to check the brakes and of course they said that it was nothing wrong with them. At this point and time, I do not trust this car, but I do trust god to keep me safe in this car or else I wouldn't even drive it after that episode. I needed to get 3 new rims, 1 tire, a hub cap and wheel alignment for my car and I just thank god that there was no other damages. And now I'm just waiting on the lord to give me the opportunity to get a SUV and it won't be a Toyota.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Oct 052012

My husband swerved to miss a car that decided to change his mind and turn left (after he started turning right), he hit the left shoulder, came back onto the road and lost control. He hit a 4 foot ditch head on and flipped the car from to back and landed upside down. The airbags never went off, despite the fact the car was totaled. The front wind shield was destroyed.

- Appleton, WI, USA

Jun 232012

The contact owned a 2007 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the driver was driving 60 mph when the vehicle was involved in a crash with a tree. The air bags did not deploy during the crash. The vehicle was towed to an independent repair shop. The failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified and a complaint was filed. The failure mileage was 86,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Pleasantville, NY, USA