2009 Toyota Corolla drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Corolla:

2009 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 012011

Corolla 4-cyl

2009 Toyota Corolla. Consumer states check engine light turned on with code #P2757 transmission tcc solenoid off

- Washington, DC, USA

Apr 062011

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle became resistant to acceleration attempts with the illumination of the check engine warning light. The dealer was contacted and an appointment for repairs was secured. The contact referenced a technical service bulletin for the exact same failure in the 2009 Toyota Corolla but not for the 2009 model. The failure mileage was 47,150 and the current mileage was 47,171.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Feb 012011

While driving to get onto the expressway, the car downshifted. When I got up to speed, it downshifted with a heavy jolt and a bang, the dealer told me the problem happened because of the small motor trying to catch up to the torque converter. This happens regularly. On a trip to the Bonneville salt flats, I couldn't see how fast the car would go. At 95 mph the transmission slammed back and fourth in and out of gear. The car dealer checked my car and one of theirs. They both did exactly what I said. They said they suspected a design flaw, but the car wasn't dangerous. Updated 02/14/11

- South Jordan, UT, USA

Sep 262009

Corolla 4-cyl

2009 Toyota Corolla. Consumer states that they have been experiencing a rapid succession of jolting movements coming from underneath the brake pedal of the vehicle when the brakes were applied the brake system vacuum port was serviced.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 112010

My son was driving with my daughter in the passenger seat of our 2009 Toyota Corolla. Started the car; with foot on the brake, changed from P to R, released the hand brake; at that point, the car took off down the driveway, crossed the road and hit the tree on the neighbor's yard and stopped; damage to rear fender and trunk. My daughter noticed that my son had his foot on the brake but the car wouldn't stop till it hit the tree. I had the car taken to Toyota dealer to be tested and fixed. Toyota ran some tests and informed me that they do not think this was caused by any defect in the car. But they will not provide me with a copy of the report nor can they explain how their test could deny what was witnessed by the person in the car.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Apr 262010

Date: May 4, 2009-I just purchased a 2009 Toyota Corolla le and have had it for 7 days before having to return it to the dealer where it was purchased due to a wandering feeling in the steering and movement of the car while on the highway. This happened to me on 3 different occasions during the 7 days I had it very scary and unsafe! I thought maybe it was the road, a flat tire, or the wind blowing my car but after 3 separate and different conditions I know it is not just me it is the car and after researching the problem I see many other complaints as well!!!!

- Petersburg, VA, USA

Apr 102010

On and off, the car make a noise when I stop my vehicle followed by a crank noise, and feels like car doesn"T want to stop at times, matter of seconds. And being a vehicle that has 4,451 miles I took it for the 5000 miles service, because of the brakes noise concerned, I send an email to the service manager describing the problems, and the service advisor told me they have check the brakes and that my car was ready, I drove my car and it keep doing the same thing on an off, so abnormal, I wrote a second email to the service manager, I was told in few words that they have to reprogram the computer on my car since it was the transmission or power train problem I can read on my invoice performed a tsb 0082-9 reprogrammed ECU??? I drop my car at penske Toyota twice; have my car like a week, since it suffer a lot damage. When I drop my car off I was told by the technician he was going to call the factory to solve the problem?? am I secure in my vehicle? I don?T feel secure on it. Can they replace my car" I am afraid because of the computer issue, and the pedal issue.

- Downey, CA, USA

Jun 052009

2009 Toyota Corolla, manual 5 speed, while in 1st or 2nd gear, on a slight incline will move forward or backward. Toyota's solution was to apply the emergency brake. I'm appalled that my car while in gear can travel two parking spots and hit another car while I am not in the car. I would like to have in writing that Toyota says that this is the way they designed their car.

- Shorewood, MN, USA

Apr 022009

When parking on a slight incline in 2nd gear the car rolls backward.

- Shorewood, MN, USA