2009 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Corolla:

2009 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 5 of 7)

Nov 132014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. While driving at 25 mph, another vehicle crashed into the contact's vehicle. As a result, the contact crashed into a pole and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained chest, back, and lip injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence and was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 36,600.

- Elizabeth , NJ, USA

Jul 172015

Corolla

We received notice for the recall concerning the air bag module. There is a "nationwide part shortage" and no information as to when the part will be available. It could be a week or month the dealer told me. In the meantime, my daughter is driving a vehicle that could have an airbag malfunction which is very concerning to me. Toyota is not fixing the defect in a reasonable amount of time so I wanted to submit a complaint.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

May 212015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Durham, NC, USA

May 012014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Sep 192014

Corolla 4-cyl

My driver's side airbag light illuminated roughly 5 or 6 weeks ago. I called the Toyota dealership in which I purchased the car from back in 2011 and made an appointment to bring the car in to be looked at. When I arrived, I was basically told there was absolutely nothing they could do until the remedy for the recalled airbag became available. I then asked how long it would be, and was told it could be several more months. I have been driving my Corolla for several weeks now, since it is my only mode of transportation with a defective driver's side airbag. I have not received any more correspondence from Toyota since the first recall letter was mailed back in April of 2014. I am concerned with the danger that this problem poses and I do not see why Toyota cannot fix this problem being that the light is on. In the recall letter from Toyota it specifically states to contact the manufacturer immediately if the light becomes illuminated because it could pose a danger. I am afraid to drive the car as well as put my teenage daughter behind the wheel because of the fear of having a traffic accident and the airbag not deploying properly. Thank you for any assistance you may have.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Apr 152014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Waterford, WI, USA

Sep 212014

Corolla 4-cyl

I got letter from Toyota said my model car have problem with driver air bag and maybe, if an accident occurs the air bag will not deploy and cause serious risk injury to the driver. And they inform me that their is no remedy for this problem till now. As you know that part its very important to the driver and safety, I'm always driving long distances and I don't feel safe now with this car and even they found remedy for this problem I will still afraid to drive my car I hope you understand what I feel. Thanks

- Ozone Park, NY, USA

Sep 012014

Corolla

Letter from congressman reed on behalf of constituent re Toyota recall- time frame ( attn: Alison hunt). 2009 Toyota Corolla.

- Jamestown, NY, USA

Aug 222014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags); however, the parts needed for the repair were unavailable. The dealer did not know when the parts would become available. The manufacturer stated that the parts would be available at the end of the summer. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Willowsprings, IL, USA

Feb 012014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The contact received NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (airbag) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to service the vehicle under the recall. The dealer stated that they were uncertain when the part would be available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 200,000.

- Summerville, GA, USA

Aug 082014

Corolla 4-cyl

My wife rear ended a taxi, she complained that the brakes did not stop the car. We had the car towed to the house, I freed the hood and removed the bumper cover to inspect the damage. When I got in and tried the brakes, the pedal went to the floor. When I opened the brake fluid reservoir to check the fluid, the brakes returned to normal. That indicates a vacuum to me, which is not normal.I would like to request analysis of the event data recorder.

- Sparrows Point , MD, USA

Feb 012014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact mentioned that the light remained illuminated for approximately one year. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags). The contact stated that the manufacturer did not have the remedy available. The vehicle has not been diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Worchester, MA, USA

Jun 012014

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer informed that the part was not available for the recall repair and were uncertain of when the part was to become available. The contact was placed on a waiting list. The contact did not experience the failure. Updated 09/16/14

- Orlando , FL, USA

Jul 302010

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that he recieved a recall notification for NHTSA campaign id number 14V168000 (airbag). The contact stated that the vehicle had experience the failure specified on the recall three different occasions. The dealer informed contact that they were unaware of when they were going to recieve the parts needed inorder to perform the repairs. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Portland Main, ME, USA

Feb 122014

Corolla 4-cyl

2009 Toyota Corolla. Consumer requests reimbursement for repairs to SRS system. Recently, the SRS light came on. The owner's manual stated there was a problem with either the air bag or seat belt. The mechanic diagnosed the problem and replaced the cable sub assembly.

- Hilton, NY, USA

Dec 212009

Corolla 4-cyl

This was the second accident in this car. Rear ended another vehicle. Car was nearly totaled with $9,700 in damage primarily to the front end. Air bags never activated. Prior accident one week earlier where the air bags also failed to activate. Air bag light comes on intermittently and Toyota will not diagnose or fix unless they see the light on.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

May 172014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the air bag warning lights illuminated intermittently. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V168000 (air bags) and stated that the parts were not available. The dealer did not give a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was also contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The failure mileage was 96,000.

- North Babylon, NY, USA

Apr 142014

Corolla 4-cyl

After the air bag warning light turned on, I was notified that I had to replace the spiral assembly in the driver's side air bag. Almost immediately after replacing, Toyota announced a recall for this specific part in 2009 Corollas, but are claiming that my 2009 Corolla is not included in the recall.

- West Hollywood, CA, USA

Apr 162014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the vehicle was traveling approximately 40 mph when the power steering suddenly malfunctioned, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle and crash into a tree. The air bags did not deploy. The front passenger suffered neck and shoulder injuries and was treated at the hospital. A police report was taken at the scene. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 42,000.

- Ownings Mills, MD, USA

Apr 112014

Corolla 4-cyl

The airbag light in our 2009 Toyota Corolla (idiot light) came on. When we inquired with the dealer, colonial Toyota in Lincoln, ri (www.colonialtoyota.com) told us that it will be covered in the most recent recall but they are not covering it yet. They refuse to fix the airbag until they can be reimbursed for it. According to Toyota corporate, this will be September 2014. I find this unacceptable as we now have a vehicle without an airbag. Nor could we sell the vehicle as it would not pass inspection.

- North Smithfield, RI, USA