2009 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Corolla:

2009 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Nov 072016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) was received. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the repair were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pleasant Valley, NY, USA

Aug 152016

Corolla

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Nov 142016

Corolla

Takata recall. Recall effective May 23, 2016. Notice received November 14, 2016, states: Recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available"

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Corolla

Takata recall - it has been over 5 months since the recall. My Honda civic (yr 2010) has already had the air bag replaced last month. It is ridiculous that I have to drive my Toyota with no one in the passenger seat. When we go out with another couple, we have to always take their car. I call the Toyota dealer and their corporation offices and they offer no information at all - unless you consider them saying they don't know how much longer it will take as information. This is so infuriating!!

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Jun 012016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Daly City, CA, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. Dealership not providing replacements. Vehicle is used primarily and often for transporting disabled elderly adult.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 202016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Webster, NY, USA

Nov 072016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Jacento, CA, USA

Corolla

There is no resolution - now takata is closing down factory - what does this mean for the consumer?

- Cumming, GA, USA

Jun 062016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Nov 092015

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V340000 (air bags) and 15V689000 (visibility). The parts were not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repairs. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Port Murray, NJ, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. We received a passenger side airbag recall (report date5/23/16) in mid July, 2016 ad took it to our Toyota dealer July 25, 2016 for repair. We were told that since we were in zone a and that our card had been in Florida for 4 months of every year, and also its age, we were a top priority for the airbag replacement. More that three months have passed. We followed up with the dealer and were advised that Toyota have no idea when the replacements parts will be available for our car. We are aware that Toyota and other auto makes are being repaired and seek assistance in getting ours repaired.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jun 092016

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Nov 032016

Corolla

Takata recall according to Toyota's information my 2009 Corolla in now within the period to potentially experience the damages described in the recall and Toyota have not taken any steps concerning the necessary parts replacements.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Jan 012016

Corolla

Toyota' has notified that 2009 Corolla has dangerous air bags and the vehicle is not to be driven until the airbags are repaired. Toyota has offered a replacement vehicle until our car is fixed but demands that we surrender our car for storage. The dealer denies any responsibility for the storage of our vehicle and only offers outdoor storage for up to 6 months. We have only garage stored our vehicle and long term storage out door storage is unacceptable. The ft, myers Toyota dealer refuses any type of liability waiver for garage storage of our vehicle. The demands of the Toyota dealer are unacceptable and unnecessary. I would like to file a formal complaint against Toyota that the recall and satisfaction of the air bag problem is unacceptable and the repair period of 2 to 6 months is ridiculous.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Corolla

Takata inflators...notice received from Toyota in may/June 2016 to replace passenger airbag. Called today and found out they still don't have a replacement for my car. I am, however, to let no one sit in my front passenger seat, that is so unacceptable. I will have to tell all my passengers not to sit in the front and feel like a taxi driver. Reading Toyota info on this recall, it states that the older cars in high temperature places are at of more high risk. I heard that Honda has been replacing their faulted airbags in reasonable time. Toyota told me they were working on their yaris and still haven't any information on when my call will be taken cared of, I don't think I should be driving such a dangerous car. I have been patient enough.

- Laguna Woods, CA, USA

Corolla

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to do the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Chulavista, CA, USA

Corolla

Takata recall the interim notice 16V-340 on the recall was received several months ago. As of October 31, the dealer is telling me that there is still no remedy for the recall, and that it will still take several more months. In the meantime, there is to be no one riding in the passenger seat. Thus, the five passenger car I had bought is now, effectively, a four passenger car. My complaint is that they are unable to remedy this safety recall in a timely manner.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Corolla

"takata recall" after receiving a notification (June 2016) from Toyota indicating that I had a takata air bag which had been recalled, I decided to call Toyota on Oct. 31, 2016 to ask when my recalled takata airbag would be replaced since 4 months had already passed, and I still had not been contacted about when I could bring my car in for the recall/repair. The Toyota service center said that they haven't started replacing these airbags because the parts/replacements were still being built and that it could take several more months if not years! I have a young child who rides with me and I find this answer unacceptable.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Sep 011016

Corolla

Takata recall- my car has been at Toyota(I have a loaner) for over 2 months and a replacement airbag has not arrived at toyotal autoway pinellas park fl. For them to replace it. This is taking an exceptionally long time. Please expedite. I want my car back and it to be a safe vehicle.

- Pinellas Park, FL, USA