2009 Toyota Corolla suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Corolla:

2009 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 122009

I was driving 15 mph in 33 degree temp. I gave it a little gas at the bottom of a small hill and my car went in to a fish tail. I corrected this about 6 times before I could not recover. My car hit the ditch on the passenger side and flipped on it's roof. Prior to the accident my wheel would almost take control of the car between above 30 mph. The car would swerve all over my lane. I thought this was just me, now I see many others have this problem also. Question being..... could the alignment be off enough from the eps problems that it could have made it possible that my car would not have been recoverable from? I would like Toyota to look in to this to determine the problem before another family of 5 ends up upside down in a ditch.

- Amboy, WA, USA

Apr 152009

Car pulls to the right or left (variable) at expressway speeds. It's a 2009 Toyota Corolla. Took it in to the dealer who said everything was fine but there are multiple complaints about this. Has done this ever since I bought it.

- Rochester, MN, USA

Dec 132008

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. While driving approximately 60 mph on normal road conditions, the contact experienced difficulty steering the vehicle. It required greater effort to turn the steering wheel. Unexpectedly, the vehicle gradually changed direction and pulled to the right without assistance. Whenever traveling 60 mph or greater, the failures would occur without warning. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for inspection and they rotated the tires and performed a wheel alignment on 3 separate occasions. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer 3 times for identical failures, but there were no resolutions. The failure mileage was 25 and current mileage was 6,000. Updated 07/08/09 updated 07/08/09.

- River Ranch, FL, USA

May 292009

This did not cause an accident, but my 2009 Toyota Corolla suddenly pulled to the left when I was on the highway. I noticed from day one that the car is hard to keep straight at highway speeds, to a point to where it is very frustrating, but when it pulled suddenly it became frightening.

- Ventura, CA, USA

Apr 042009

When the speed goes over 60-65 mph, the car tends to be pulled to different directions, wobbling and making me feel very unsafe to drive. Even if I'm holding the steering wheel firmly and steadily, the car would be pulled to right side, then next moment to left side.

- Iowa City, IA, USA