2010 Toyota Corolla brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Corolla:

2010 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Feb 082010

Corolla

I own a 2010 Toyota Corolla S. ocassionally when I'm braking, my car doesn't want to brake. It makes a grinding feeling under my foot. Then I have to quickly apply the brake again to get the car to stop. I thought it was just a fluke at first or due to the road being wet, but it happened again today, and the pavement was dry. Luckily I don't wait until the last second to brake, and I don't tailgate.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jan 072010

Corolla

The contact owns a 2010 Corolla. The contact stated that there was a delay when the brake pedal was engaged. The failure has occurred in fair weather conditions and on uneven pavement. The failure mileage was 4000. The current mileage was 5000.

- Buffalo Grove, IL, USA

Aug 122009

Corolla

When coming to a stop at a stop sign, if the pavement is bumpy, the anti-lock braking on my 2010 Toyota Corolla engages, hindering the slowing of my vehicle. The loss of braking is scary. This was not a one-time event, it happens whenever applying braking while on a bumpy section of road.

- Macomb, IL, USA

Dec 042009

Corolla

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that when driving in traffic, she moved forward and tried to depress the brake pedal. The brakes failed and she hit the rear of another vehicle. Before the failure she heard a slight noise a few times when applying the brake pedal. The contact sustained a minor injury. She did not speak with the dealer or the manufacturer at the time of the complaint. The vehicle had not been repaired to-date for the brake failure.. the current mileage was approximately 2,400. The failure mileage was 1,239.

- West Haven, UT, USA

Jan 282010

Corolla

Toyota Corolla brakes needs to pressed forcefully to stop the car abruptly. Also when I slightly put the foot on the brake the car surges for about 1 second. This has occurred to me everytime I drive so that I have to press the brakes hard when I need to come to a stop.

- Burnaby, 00, USA

Jan 022010

Corolla

I bought my 2010 Toyota Corolla couple months ago and ever since it's been having brake problems. Quite often, the vehicle fails to stop when I apply the brakes which makes me brake harder or down shift to slow down in time. I took it to the dealership to get it fixed and they informed me that there is nothing they can do to fix the problem. This problem happens at least once a day and because of this problem, I have encountered many times where I almost got in accidents.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Jan 152010

Corolla

Purchase new 2010 Toyota Corolla Dec. 18 2009. Under all braking conditions stopping at a red light or stop sign. Under normal braking conditions driving down the road. You touch the brake pedal and it does not engage. There is way to much brake pedal travel before you get any braking response. There is 1/2 inch pedal movement before you get any brake response at all. This problem occurs everytime you brake. Return to Toyota dealer for repair 12/21/09. No repair was done. They said that was the way the new braking system worked. Just get use to it.

- Manchester, KY, USA

Dec 032009

Corolla

I applied my brakes to stop at an intersection, the brakes slipped: They did not hold, and my car crashed into car on the other side of the intersection. Prior to that event there had been a loud, metallic clatter when applying the brakes aggressively. The car is in the shop for major repairs.

- Berkeley, CA, USA

Nov 142009

Corolla

I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla, but because I live in Texas, I am not part of the recall to have a newly designed intake air connector to relocate the brake system vacuum port. I am afraid that if I go to Colorado this winter as planned, I will have brake failure. Why does the recall not extend to all 2010 Toyota Corollas"?"

- Arlington, TX, USA

Aug 222009

Corolla

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. While driving approximately 30 to 35 mph on normal road conditions the "brake" warning light indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. When pressure was applied to the brake pedal there was a slow response. The driver continued to drive with caution. The warning indicator remained illuminated until the engine was turned off. The following day the vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer for inspection. The technician stated that the failure was contributed to a leak located on the right cylinder. The vehicle was repaired under the service warranty. The contact had concerns of the safety risk. The failure and current mileages were 260.

- Baltimore , MD, USA