2010 Toyota Corolla engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Corolla:

2010 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 102012

Corolla

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated while driving approximately 2 to 3 mph into a driveway, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle shut off completely smoke and sparks were present in the engine; the vehicle caught fire and the vehicle exploded. The police and fire department were contacted and a report was filed. The manufacturer offered to pick up the vehicle and investigate the failure. They also advised her that it would take 30 days at which time she would receive a letter regarding their findings. Approximately a month later she received a letter from the manufacturer stating that there were no defective parts and her claim was denied. The failure mileage was approximately 50,000.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 182010

Corolla

I am driving my car going approx. 45 - 55miles a hour when suddenly the check engine light comes on. When this occurs the car gradually begins to slow down and will not allow me to accelerate. I can press the pedal down but the car does not read that I am pressing the pedal. Stability control light begins to blink and car gradually comes to a full stop. When I pull over the rpms are revving above 1 RPM but I am not pressing the gas. This has been going on and the dealer simply told one time I needed a new battery. I bought it from them. They said your alternator is bad and I replaced it and check engine and stability light come on again. I shouldn't have so many problem with a car that was bought brand new and is not even 2yrs old.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA