2010 Toyota Corolla engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Corolla:

2010 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 182010

I am driving my car going approx. 45 - 55miles a hour when suddenly the check engine light comes on. When this occurs the car gradually begins to slow down and will not allow me to accelerate. I can press the pedal down but the car does not read that I am pressing the pedal. Stability control light begins to blink and car gradually comes to a full stop. When I pull over the rpms are revving above 1 RPM but I am not pressing the gas. This has been going on and the dealer simply told one time I needed a new battery. I bought it from them. They said your alternator is bad and I replaced it and check engine and stability light come on again. I shouldn't have so many problem with a car that was bought brand new and is not even 2yrs old.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA