2010 Toyota Corolla steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Corolla:

2010 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments (Page 13 of 18)

Feb 192010

Steering on 2010 Corolla. My 2010 Corolla wanders when you try to keep it in a straight line. I have to constant try to keep it from wandering. I notice this when I first got it in November 2009, but when I heard it on the news, I knew it just was not me.

- Morrisdale, PA, USA

Feb 102010

Car steering drifts when driving on highway for any distance.

- Honeoye, NY, USA

Feb 192010

We have purchased new 2010 Toyota Corolla S model in November 2009. We noticed wiggling and unstable feel in steering wheel. We thought since we had other luxury car before, we are just not use to driving a cheaper car. But as times go by, it is going out of its driving lane uncontrollably. We really have to hold on to the steering wheel tight to keep it straight.

- Northridge, CA, USA

Jan 042010

My new 2010 Toyota Corolla S has an issue with staying on the highway. My car seems to pull to the left when I get up to 55-60mph. I brought the car back to the dealer with this complaint and they did say one tire was a little low. They have put air in but it did not change.

- Roanoke, TX, USA

Nov 152009

Problems with our Toyota Corolla steering does not feel right brakes are not right accerator pedal recall I have called Toyota and I get no reseults from my problems. My wife does'nt feel safe driving this car. I want Toyota to take this car back.they have told us no has only 6,000miles on it.

- Wilder, VT, USA

Nov 202009

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. She stated that while driving 20 mph it became very difficult to control the steering wheel. The vehicle uncontrollably moved from lane to lane. The dealer test drove the vehicle and stated that there were no failures and it functioned the way it was designed. This problem has occurred every since the vehicle was purchased. No repairs have been made to the vehicle. The failure mileage was 800 and the current mileage was 13600.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Feb 122010

Steering wanders. Car drifts on highway.

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Dec 172009

When I am driving on the high way, my steering wheel becomes very sensitive and starts jerking and my car starts veering to one side. I have to grab the steering wheel very tightly just to travel in a straight line. I feel like I'm driving in a hurricane but the trees outside are barely moving.

- Macungie, PA, USA

Aug 102009

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. While driving 30 mph, on the second day after the vehicle was purchased, the steering wheel was difficult to control which made it hard to continue driving straight without moving from the left and the right. He thought that since the vehicle was new it would adjust over time and began to function properly. After ten days he took the vehicle back to the dealer who stated that they were unable to duplicate or diagnose the steering failure. The failure mileage was 711. The current mileage was 6,000. Updated 03/24/10 the consumer stated he has to constantly correct the steering to keep the vehicle straight. Updated 06/30/10.

- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA

Sep 172009

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that there was a vibration coming from the steering wheel when he was driving approximately 40-50 mph. He noticed the problem whenever he drove the vehicle on a road with an uneven surface. He took the vehicle to the dealership and had a mechanic inspect and drive the vehicle to find the source of the problem. The tires were changed but the vibration was still present. The contact had not spoken with the manufacturer to-date. The current mileage was approximately 4,900. The failure mileage was approximately 1,500. Updated 3/10/10 updated 06/18/10.

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Jan 212010

2010 Toyota Corolla very unstable at speed, steering has no defined center feel, car is all over the road.

- Speedway, IN, USA

Dec 262009

Purchases new Corolla on 12/26/09. Upon driving 18 miles to my home on the freeway, I found it hard to steer the car. It felt like I was driving on ice or hydroplaning. What a scary feeling. I called my salesman, he said bring it in, but I had to get home to care for my 85 yr old mother who has dementia. I have taken it in once. The alignment was off only in the toe and adjusted as were the over-inflated tires of 37 lbs each, adjusted to 34 lbs. The accelerator pedal was replace though I had no problems. The steering is still very sensitive having to pull the car on a straight path as it tends to veer to the left or the right. My master repair mechanic and I went on a drive today, 02/18/10. He said that the rear wheels were not aligning with the steering. Felt as though you were sitting sideways and trying to drive. I will have an appt on Monday, 02/22/10 again with folsom Toyota, lets see what we can do"?? cars keep at a distance away from me as I constantly have to steer the car correctly within the lane??" ps this is my 4th new Toyota, never drove one that felt this scary!

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Dec 182009

I have a 2010 Corolla it constantly sways while driving at freeway speeds. Sometimes I need to hold onto the steering wheel with both hands to keep it from going into another lane. I switched from driving a small VW beetle and was familiar with strong winds causing these problems but when I looked out the window there was no wind all the trees were still and no flags were waving. There has been a couple of times when I really felt the car was going to swerve out of control if I didn't immediately slow down. I also feel a metal grinding sensation with my brakes when I slow down over uneven pavement or go over a speed bump. This doesn't happen every time but in the past 2 months that I've had the car it occurred 6 times. I told the Toyota dealership about these problems and they said it couldn't be duplicated and that there was nothing wrong with the car. Which is completely ridiculous there hasn't been a time that I've driven on the freeway and not felt this swaying. They didn't even try to find a problem. They didn't do a thing to help me. Than I heard of other Corolla owners having the same problems. So I know it's not just me, there is a problem with my car and they need to recognize they made another mistake.

- San Martin , CA, USA

Aug 272009

Purchased a 2010 Corolla last August. The steering is "sloppy", "loose" - like there's excessive "play" in the wheel - and needs constant correction, or the car will wander all over the place. A long trip in this vehicle would be an exhausting adventure. And there's only a thousand miles on it. You can add my name to the list of owners who feel this particular model has a steering problem.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Feb 182010

I have a Toyota Corolla sport 2010. It is difficult to steer straight, vehicle goes side to side, making it more difficult to control, especially in highways. I went to the car dealer (Toyota) to fix the problem with the pedal and they said the is working according how the manufacture expects.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 222009

I rented a brand new (only 350 miles) 2010 Toyota Corolla from hertz at the orlando airport on October 19, 2009 and turned it back into a hertz location in jacksonville Florida on October 23, 2009. I had trouble getting the car to "track". it was very hard to keep going straight and felt like there was a strong crosswind (which there wasn't). I talked with my wife about this on that trip, but regretfully, I did not tell the hertz people about this issue. Now I understand that many other people noticed exactly the same problem.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Oct 012009

The electric power steering on my new 2010 Toyota Corolla makes the car very difficult, stressful and unsafe to drive. At highway speeds above 65 mph any slight hand movement on the steering wheel causes the car to veer sometimes sharply making it very difficult to keep the car inside your lane. It steers jerky like a go cart and doesn't return to center. I've taken it back three times and Toyota said that I'd have to get used to it. They finally realigned the front end, phase balanced the tires, and centered the steering wheel, but that did not correct the problem. The dealership acted like they didn't know there was problem and that I was the only one who had complained, said I should file a complaint with Toyota, but I haven't done that yet.

- Concord, NC, USA

Oct 132009

As noted on the news about a possible recall about the steering problems on the 2010 Toyota Corolla. I also own a 2010 Corolla and even before the news I had problems keeping the car straight on the road. The condition gets worse at higher speeds and the problem increases when there is less gas in the tank. I took the car to the dealer to check/fix the alignment and it seems to help a little bit but the problem is still there.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Feb 182010

After reading about the Toyota Corolla steering problems, I wanted to file a complaint of my own. I have noticed this problem of feeling like wind whipping my car around on the freeway almost daily since I leased my new 2010 Corolla in November 2009. I always thought it was the way the los angeles area roads are paved but after reading other owners' similar complaints in the news, I am sure that this is what is causing me to feel like I have difficulty controlling my car at highway speeds.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA

Feb 162010

I just bought this car on Monday 2/15/2010, from dick milham Toyota in easten P.a. there is a real problem with the steering, at speeds over 50mph you really need two hands to steer the car. I travel over 192 miles a day and im very worried about this. I am going to speak with the dealer to see if they will take the car back, I hope you are going to investigate these problems and force Toyota to fix the problem before someone gets killed.

- Saylorsburg, PA, USA