2010 Toyota Corolla wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Corolla:

2010 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Nov 152016

Corolla

On 11/15/2016, I purchased 4 new primewell valera touring tires, size 205/55R16 for my daughters 2010 Toyota Corolla S. I purchased the tires from Firestone complete auto care, 10925 fm 1960 rd w houston, tx 77070 she immediately begin driving from houston to return to college station, tx where she resides. She had only traveled approximately 50 miles on the new tires when she experienced a rear right blow out which sent her crashing into the highway concrete barrier. She is a bit shaken up with stiffness and pain and her car is damaged in several areas. I am asking my insurance to investigate the full details of the crash. I am also speaking with Firestone and hope to reach the manufacturer of the tires as well. A dps officer was onsite to make a report of the accident and the particulars. What assistance in info can you provide me at this time on any other failures or info concerning these tires or the manufacturer? please advise and thanks for all your help.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 112012

Corolla 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Corolla. Consumer writes in regards to Toyota instant warning light appearing on the dashboard the consumer stated warning lighting was related to a tire problem. Updated 05/08/12 updated 05/17/12 udpated 06/05/12

- Oak Park, MI, USA

Jul 262011

Corolla 4-cyl

I have a 2010 Toyota corrolla that came outfitted with Goodyear Eagle LS2 tiree 89S. I was travelling on the interstate and the right rear tire blewout. A quick inspection of the tire didn't show any punctures on the main tread but there was a hole on the sidewall. Called Goodyear to let them know and they said that there wasn't a recall. I see there have been other occurances so I'm sharing mine. Had to purchase a new tire. The tires had 13,500 miles total as does my car.

- Matthews, NC, USA

Nov 092010

Corolla

I have a Toyota Corolla 2010, I had it since June 2010, . I went through a major car accident on hw 1 ca @ 8:45 am on Tuesday which was a sunny, clear, not foggy nor rainy day (weather condition was perfect),I was driving on 63 mph (normal speed is 65) on the fast left lane and suddenly I felt that the left front tire is veering the car into a different direction acting as if it below up (but it didn't) and my car is veering to the left, my steering wheel is locked and is not responding at all when trying to change the car directionto the right. There was no way to drive the car in a straight line. The steering wheel failed completely to respond to any attempt to turn it to the right in an attempt to gain control over the car and attempting to drive it in straight line. Brakes as well were not responding. All attempts to stop the car or turn it to the right to avoid bumping the rails and keep it straight in the lane failed. I completely lost control over the car & it started fishtailing in the front. The car didn't stop until it bumped into the guarding rail, at this moment the car just stopped and it took the car more than 20 feed to automatically stop by it self. I failed to stop it.at this moment the car corrected its direction &went in straight line direction scrubbing against the rail completely damaging the entire left side of the car before it stall. Then all the dash board lights and car sounds went on and the car stalled. The car was not in a drivable condition so I had to tow it away. I have a witness who described my accident saying that my car kept swerving to the left & was ambiguously uncontrolled, he was the one that took care of me after the car bumped the rail. This accident is a life threatening accident not only for me but also for others on the hw. I was lucky it happened on my way home after I dropped off my son to school, the two car seats I had in the car were damaged, the car damage was estimated by $10,000. I suffer from a severe pain.

- Marina, CA, USA

Jul 242010

Corolla

Just purchased a 2010 Toyota Corolla S on July 23, 2010. The steering did not seem right. At one week I went back to the dealer and they gave it an alignment, which did not really improve the steering. It is horrible on the highway and my arms hurt from trying to keep it in the lane. Thought it was just me until I started to investigate, and found out all of the other complaints about the same problem. It make you feel like you do not have control of the car. It swerves from side to side. Tired putting more air in the tires, does not help. I have not even made my first payment yet. I have called corporate offices, and am awaiting a response from them. We need to start a class action suit.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Jan 182010

Corolla 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Corolla. Consumer states accident due to tire the consumer stated while driving, the vehicle began to act erratic. As the vehicle went from side to side, the right front tire blew out and then flew into another motorist windshield.

- Sun City, AZ, USA

May 102010

Corolla 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Corolla. Consumer states several problems with the vehicle related to tires and accelerator the consumer stated she had to take the vehicle back to the dealer several times to get air in the tires and to have the wobbling of the vehicle examined. The consumer stated on May 10, 2010, the accelerator pedal became stuck when she attempted to stop at a red light. The vehicle was hesitant to stop. The consumer stated she had to apply extreme pressure to the brake and she also had to use the emergency brake to get try and get the vehicle to stop, but it wasn't in time and consequently, she hit an 18 wheeler. Updated 07/29/10.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Nov 072009

Corolla

I purchased a 2010 Toyota Corolla S on 11-7-2009. On the test drive I complained to the salesman that the steering felt strange. It seemed to have a center spot and then any left or right turn would cause a minor pull either direction as if the steering turned on. The salesman said it was the electric steering on all the new cars. That was a slow speed test drive. After the purchase I got on the interstate and was shocked to feel the steering feel as if I were going around a semi tractor trailer rig and being pushed around by the wind, but yet I was not near a vehicle. It seemed like loose steering or tire squirm. When I got back from my trip I took it to the local Toyota service center and asked if there is an adjustment on the power steering or if there is an issue with the tires. To both questions my service advisor said no. On another trip on the interstate, it all of a sudden started acting like it was going to fish tail swinging back and forth, like I was ridding on balloon tires, or without sidewalls. I quickly slowed down. In cross winds or going around a semi it is worse. At my 5,000 service, I asked if there are any steering or tire issues, and my advisor still said no, but part of the service was to rotate the tires, and this has seemed to lessen the squirm. I now have 7,000 miles on my 2010 Toyota Corolla S.

- Tyler, TX, USA