3.3

2011 Toyota Corolla electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Corolla:

2011 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Nov 222016

Corolla

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Corolla. When the vehicle was started, the electrical power steering failed and the steering wheel would lock up. The steering wheel could not turn left or right. After twenty minutes, the vehicle was restarted and returned to normal. The electric power steering warning indicator illuminated and made a beeping sound. Additionally, the ABS and traction warning indicators illuminated intermittently and without warning. The contact also stated that the radio would turn off when changing the stations and the defrost lighting would not illuminate when activated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was 92,000.

- Greene, ME, USA

Oct 062016

Corolla

Car was steering on its own and also the speed was being controlled along with electrical issues.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Jun 272016

Corolla

The driver door lock is not responding to my key pad (stationary). My radio automatically turned itself off (whil driving on the interstate). When I researched the lock, I was told my car's computer may need to be "rebooted". why do I need to "reboot" a computer after use for 4years? why is the computer faulty. This is not a luxury vehicle with several hundred computing options. I do not use the vehicle in a inappropriate manner. If the radio turned itself off while I was driving, I am concerned for a different part of the computer malfunctioning that could cost my life.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 072016

Corolla

On January 7, 2016 we brought our car to the weston, Florida Toyota dealership because a check engine light was on. The service writer said there was a problem with the "canister" and that it had to be replaced. They gave us a loner-car and said the problem would be fixed in two days. Later that week, the service writer told us the computer had to be replaced and it would be "a while" until the part arrived. We still have the "loaner" and the car has been at the dealership since January 7th. Today is April 27th. So far 110 days. The loaner car is very nice (2015 Toyota Corolla). My wife loves the back-up camera, but her car still sits at the dealership. The car has 44,000 miles and has been repaired only once before. Interestingly, the previous problem with the car had to do with the computer. The car would lose over 100 RPM at highway speeds and then quickly accelerate back up to the preceding RPM. I think the mechanic said that he flashed the computer or something else that made me think (in layman's language) that he "rebooted" the car's computer. This week the service manager said that they expect the new computer to arrive by May 15th. I wrote a letter to southeast Toyota and their representative called to let me know that we were not alone but there are over 50 cars in their system that need new computers. It seems to me that the most popular car in the world should have an adequate supply or suppliers to replace the ones that go bad...to get a computer from manufacturing to the dealership should take fewer than five months. What do you think?

- Weston, FL, USA

Mar 012016

Corolla

Not sure why I was not contacted about all of these recalls. I have owned this vehicle since Dec. 2012

- Lexington, KY, USA

Jan 222013

Corolla

it occurred in our parking at 11.30pm, 24 hrs after the last time we drove. we didn't install anything in the car. the car had mirrors that fold and immobilizer (installed by Toyota here in israel) the glasses exploded to the outside (according to the fireman) the fire started near or at the battery (according to the fireman) the fire moved from the front part, to the passengers part (according to the fireman).

- Rishon Lezion, CA, USA